You’re hired! Apprenticeship fair a hit at Newbury Park school
- Credit: Archant
You’re hired! Well, some of the students at Oaks Park High School could be after it held their first ever apprenticeship fair.
More than 25 companies, training providers and colleges turned up to show just what an apprenticeship can offer.
They descended on the school in Oaks Lane, Newbury Park to tell the Year 9 to 13 students how an apprenticeship could benefit them.
Steve Wilks, headteacher said: “I was delighted with the success of our first Apprenticeship Fair.
“We had an excellent response from providers and the students were very enthusiastic about it.
“It is certainly something we would wish to repeat.”
The school, which holds the Investors in Careers Award, said it was always looking for ways to ensure its students get into the best career possible for them.
- 1 Pair charged with creating fake Covid vaccination records
- 2 Newbury Park grass fire sees homes evacuated
- 3 London among areas where drought is declared
- 4 Item thrown from A13 bridge smashes windscreen and injures driver
- 5 Convicted killer 'attacked sister-in-law after repeated threats', court hears
- 6 Ilford fast food restaurant permitted to open later
- 7 Five tower blocks included in housing plans for Sainsbury's in Ilford
- 8 Fairlop man locked up for rabbi assault
- 9 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 10 Jailed: Ilford fraudster involved in £13m Ponzi scheme through property fraud
Companies which attended the day long fair included Crossrail, Siemens and Morrisons.
The day was so successful that she school is going to hold a medical fair next month.