Woodford Green Royal Mail delivery office closing amid declining letter numbers
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
The Royal Mail delivery office in Woodford Green is closing as part of a restructure caused by declining numbers of letters.
The company’s lease on the historical building, in Johnston Road, will expire later this year and the office will move to Debden by early 2015.
A spokesman for Royal Mail said: “It is part of the ongoing transformation of our operations as the number of parcels we handle increases, and the number of letters we handle decreases.
“The existing sites no longer meet our requirements.”
No job losses are expected and there should be no disruption to deliveries and collections.
You may also want to watch:
She added: “We are currently in the early planning stages for this relocation and will do all we can to ensure the move goes smoothly for our people and our customers.”
- 1 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 2 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 3 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims
- 4 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 5 Council left homeless family 'stuck in cycle of instability', report finds
- 6 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 7 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 8 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 9 Two in five people in Redbridge may have had Covid, data shows
- 10 Double murder arrest as dramatic footage shows police detaining woman