Woodford Green Royal Mail delivery office closing amid declining letter numbers
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
The Royal Mail delivery office in Woodford Green is closing as part of a restructure caused by declining numbers of letters.
The company’s lease on the historical building, in Johnston Road, will expire later this year and the office will move to Debden by early 2015.
A spokesman for Royal Mail said: “It is part of the ongoing transformation of our operations as the number of parcels we handle increases, and the number of letters we handle decreases.
“The existing sites no longer meet our requirements.”
No job losses are expected and there should be no disruption to deliveries and collections.
You may also want to watch:
She added: “We are currently in the early planning stages for this relocation and will do all we can to ensure the move goes smoothly for our people and our customers.”
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
- 6 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 7 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 8 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say