Woodford Green Royal Mail delivery office closing amid declining letter numbers
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
The Royal Mail delivery office in Woodford Green is closing as part of a restructure caused by declining numbers of letters.
The company’s lease on the historical building, in Johnston Road, will expire later this year and the office will move to Debden by early 2015.
A spokesman for Royal Mail said: “It is part of the ongoing transformation of our operations as the number of parcels we handle increases, and the number of letters we handle decreases.
“The existing sites no longer meet our requirements.”
No job losses are expected and there should be no disruption to deliveries and collections.
You may also want to watch:
She added: “We are currently in the early planning stages for this relocation and will do all we can to ensure the move goes smoothly for our people and our customers.”
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 4 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 6 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 7 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 8 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 9 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 10 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath