Woodford Green Library and Gym reopens after £300k refurb
- Credit: Vision RCL
Woodford Green Library and Gym has reopened to the public after a £300,000 refurbishment.
The upgraded site was officially unveiled on Friday (October 8), at an opening ceremony attended by Redbridge mayor Cllr Roy Emmett, council leader Cllr Jas Athwal and deputy council leader Cllr Kam Rai.
Redbridge Council and its partner Vision Redbridge Culture and Leisure spent more than £300,000 improving the facility in Snakes Lane West.
The refurbishment includes a new children’s library, books, digital devices, a study area and a meeting space for group activities.
The centre has also upgraded its fitness facility, which now includes a 30-station gym, new changing areas and toilets.
You may also want to watch:
The gym can be used by members or on a pay-as-you-go basis.
“Not only can local people now enjoy the revitalised exercise and library facilities, but they can also take advantage of the new, longer opening hours,” said Cllr Athwal.
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 Teen dies after being stabbed in reported fight on Loxford street
- 3 Man taken to 'trauma centre' after head injury at Hainault station
- 4 Murder investigation launched after fatal stabbing of teen in Loxford
- 5 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 6 Man charged in connection with alleged police car ramming in Ilford
- 7 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 8 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 9 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 10 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation