Which candidate came out best in the Redbridge local elections 2018 head-to-head debate?
- Credit: Archant
Six candidates vying for your vote in the May 3 local elections went head-to-head at the Recorder towers last night (Thursday).
The Recorder are asking readers to tell us who they think came out best in the hour-long debate by answering our poll below.
Taking part in the debate was the leader of the Labour group Jas Athwal, leader of the Conservative Group Paul Canal and leader of the Liberal Democrats Gwyneth Deakins, Green Party candidate Ashley Gunstock and independent candidates Meenakshi Sharma and Andy Walker.
They answered your questions on everything from tackling crime levels to what to build on the site of the now-closed Bodgers.
If you missed the debate, you can watch in the video above.
You may also want to watch:
Please forgive the technical hitch at the beginning which makes the video appear sideways - this is fixed after the first few minutes.
- 1 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 2 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 3 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 4 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 5 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 6 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 7 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims
- 8 Life sentence for Chigwell man convicted of murder
- 9 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 10 Surplus of primary school places now but shortage expected within 10 years