What makes pie perfection? The people of Ilford have spoken
Since the ancient Egyptians debated how many figs to include in their pies, the battle for perfection has baffled bakers.
A thousand years later, the Romans were faffing around with honey and goats cheese – still not quite getting it right.
But fear not. The people of Ilford have spoken and they know what makes a good pie.
They also know what does not make a good pie with chicken and veg, as well as mince beef and onion varieties not managing to get even one per cent of the vote.
Doing a bit better was meat and potato getting a still slightly lacklustre 13pc.
You may also want to watch:
Coming in joint second, was steak and kidney which got a quarter of the vote as did steak an ale.
So, what does make the perfect pie? Well, since you asked, coming out on top with 38pc was the humble chicken and mushroom which really seems to be pie perfection.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 4 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 5 Former Ilford South MP opens up on Labour departure in new book
- 6 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 7 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 8 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 9 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 10 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford