What makes pie perfection? The people of Ilford have spoken
Since the ancient Egyptians debated how many figs to include in their pies, the battle for perfection has baffled bakers.
A thousand years later, the Romans were faffing around with honey and goats cheese – still not quite getting it right.
But fear not. The people of Ilford have spoken and they know what makes a good pie.
They also know what does not make a good pie with chicken and veg, as well as mince beef and onion varieties not managing to get even one per cent of the vote.
Doing a bit better was meat and potato getting a still slightly lacklustre 13pc.
You may also want to watch:
Coming in joint second, was steak and kidney which got a quarter of the vote as did steak an ale.
So, what does make the perfect pie? Well, since you asked, coming out on top with 38pc was the humble chicken and mushroom which really seems to be pie perfection.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 3 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 4 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 6 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 7 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 8 Man dies in hospital after Gants Hill fire
- 9 Man taken to 'heart attack centre' after Barkingside crash
- 10 Man wanted for allegedly driving 'recklessly' in Ilford with baby in car