What makes pie perfection? The people of Ilford have spoken
Since the ancient Egyptians debated how many figs to include in their pies, the battle for perfection has baffled bakers.
A thousand years later, the Romans were faffing around with honey and goats cheese – still not quite getting it right.
But fear not. The people of Ilford have spoken and they know what makes a good pie.
They also know what does not make a good pie with chicken and veg, as well as mince beef and onion varieties not managing to get even one per cent of the vote.
Doing a bit better was meat and potato getting a still slightly lacklustre 13pc.
You may also want to watch:
Coming in joint second, was steak and kidney which got a quarter of the vote as did steak an ale.
So, what does make the perfect pie? Well, since you asked, coming out on top with 38pc was the humble chicken and mushroom which really seems to be pie perfection.
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 3 'A race against time' - 18,000 people in Redbridge have received Covid jab
- 4 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 5 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 6 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 7 Little Gearies development plans pass following hours of discussion over Barkingside estate
- 8 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 9 Need for Frenford Foodbank won't end when pandemic does, say volunteers
- 10 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients