View from the House: Mike Gapes on Brexit
- Credit: Archant
The people of Ilford and of the UK did not vote for Theresa May’s version of Brexit. That’s why I voted against Article 50.
As soon as we pass Article 50 we are on an escalator that leads to leaving the European Union within two years and I do not think adequate preparation has been made.
As far as I know there is no way to get off that escalator.
I understand other MPs have taken different approaches to Brexit, and Wes and I have made different judgements about preventing the problems we see being caused by leaving the EU.
I have many friends who voted to trigger Article 50, and we are not personally
You may also want to watch:
falling out over it.
Now we need to work together to get the best deal possible for the entire UK.
- 1 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 2 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 3 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 4 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 5 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 6 Council seeks public input after York Road anti-social behaviour concerns
- 7 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 8 Redbridge Tories urge front desk re-opening at Barkingside Police Station
- 9 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 10 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash