View from the House: Mike Gapes on Brexit
- Credit: Archant
The people of Ilford and of the UK did not vote for Theresa May’s version of Brexit. That’s why I voted against Article 50.
As soon as we pass Article 50 we are on an escalator that leads to leaving the European Union within two years and I do not think adequate preparation has been made.
As far as I know there is no way to get off that escalator.
I understand other MPs have taken different approaches to Brexit, and Wes and I have made different judgements about preventing the problems we see being caused by leaving the EU.
I have many friends who voted to trigger Article 50, and we are not personally
You may also want to watch:
falling out over it.
Now we need to work together to get the best deal possible for the entire UK.
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 3 'A race against time' - 18,000 people in Redbridge have received Covid jab
- 4 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 5 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 6 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 7 Little Gearies development plans pass following hours of discussion over Barkingside estate
- 8 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 9 Need for Frenford Foodbank won't end when pandemic does, say volunteers
- 10 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients