‘Ten arrested’ in connection with Ilford shootings
Ten people have been arrested in relation to the shootings in Ilford, according to a police sergeant.
The two shootings happened with four miles of each other on July 27 in Grove Road, Chadwell Heath and Fairfield Road, Ilford.
Sgt Keith Young said that the police had increased the number of high visibility patrols on the streets and are seeking to reassure residents.
He was speaking at the area six meeting held on Wednesday in Redbridge Central Library, Clements Road, Ilford.
He also said that high visibility patrols had decreased burglary in Clementswood ward which was down 40 per cent compared to June last year.
You may also want to watch:
Redbridge Police has also executed 250 drug raids, the highest number in north east London.
- 1 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 2 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 3 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 5 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 6 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 7 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 8 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 9 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 10 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings