‘Ten arrested’ in connection with Ilford shootings
Ten people have been arrested in relation to the shootings in Ilford, according to a police sergeant.
The two shootings happened with four miles of each other on July 27 in Grove Road, Chadwell Heath and Fairfield Road, Ilford.
Sgt Keith Young said that the police had increased the number of high visibility patrols on the streets and are seeking to reassure residents.
He was speaking at the area six meeting held on Wednesday in Redbridge Central Library, Clements Road, Ilford.
He also said that high visibility patrols had decreased burglary in Clementswood ward which was down 40 per cent compared to June last year.
You may also want to watch:
Redbridge Police has also executed 250 drug raids, the highest number in north east London.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 3 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 4 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 5 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 6 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 7 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 8 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 9 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 10 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap