‘Ten arrested’ in connection with Ilford shootings
Ten people have been arrested in relation to the shootings in Ilford, according to a police sergeant.
The two shootings happened with four miles of each other on July 27 in Grove Road, Chadwell Heath and Fairfield Road, Ilford.
Sgt Keith Young said that the police had increased the number of high visibility patrols on the streets and are seeking to reassure residents.
He was speaking at the area six meeting held on Wednesday in Redbridge Central Library, Clements Road, Ilford.
He also said that high visibility patrols had decreased burglary in Clementswood ward which was down 40 per cent compared to June last year.
You may also want to watch:
Redbridge Police has also executed 250 drug raids, the highest number in north east London.
- 1 Young Citizen: Ilford student who assisted at crash campaigns for more first aid
- 2 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 3 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 4 Protestors decry 'privatisation' of NHS outside Loxford Practice
- 5 'I convened a meeting for residents and businesses in the York Road area'
- 6 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 7 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 8 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 9 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 10 Council leader urges government to fund flood prevention measures