‘Shocking depiction’ of Jesus’ last walk to Golgotha comes to Ilford - what do you think?
- Credit: Archant
The aim of any promotional event is to capture the public’s imagination.
But did the British Pakistani Christian Association go one step too far with its “shocking depiction” of Jesus’ last walk to Golgotha on Tuesday (4) morning?
The walk was promoting the association’s parade on Easter Monday through Ilford Town Centre.
Onlookers were met with images of the brutal whipping and stoning of Jesus, as he carried the heavy wooden cross, on which he would later die from suffocation.
Before Tuesday’s walk, also in Ilford Town Centre, the BPCA said it hoped it would “remind people of [Jesus’] great sacrifice”.
You may also want to watch:
Call the newsdesk on 02084773825 or email email@example.com to let us know your thoughts.
- 1 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for London Assembly, Loxford and Seven Kings
- 3 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 4 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 5 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
- 6 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 7 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
- 8 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 9 Mosque director: Ilford egg attack highlights Islamophobia Muslims face
- 10 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green