‘Shocking depiction’ of Jesus’ last walk to Golgotha comes to Ilford - what do you think?
- Credit: Archant
The aim of any promotional event is to capture the public’s imagination.
But did the British Pakistani Christian Association go one step too far with its “shocking depiction” of Jesus’ last walk to Golgotha on Tuesday (4) morning?
The walk was promoting the association’s parade on Easter Monday through Ilford Town Centre.
Onlookers were met with images of the brutal whipping and stoning of Jesus, as he carried the heavy wooden cross, on which he would later die from suffocation.
Before Tuesday’s walk, also in Ilford Town Centre, the BPCA said it hoped it would “remind people of [Jesus’] great sacrifice”.
You may also want to watch:
Call the newsdesk on 02084773825 or email email@example.com to let us know your thoughts.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 5 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 6 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 7 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 8 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 9 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 10 Patients urged to avoid Whipps Cross A&E after flooding