‘Shocking depiction’ of Jesus’ last walk to Golgotha comes to Ilford - what do you think?
- Credit: Archant
The aim of any promotional event is to capture the public’s imagination.
But did the British Pakistani Christian Association go one step too far with its “shocking depiction” of Jesus’ last walk to Golgotha on Tuesday (4) morning?
The walk was promoting the association’s parade on Easter Monday through Ilford Town Centre.
Onlookers were met with images of the brutal whipping and stoning of Jesus, as he carried the heavy wooden cross, on which he would later die from suffocation.
Before Tuesday’s walk, also in Ilford Town Centre, the BPCA said it hoped it would “remind people of [Jesus’] great sacrifice”.
You may also want to watch:
Call the newsdesk on 02084773825 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know your thoughts.
- 1 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 2 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 3 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 4 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 8 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 9 'Scrapping Universal Credit uplift will lead to poverty', MP says
- 10 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council