‘Shocking depiction’ of Jesus’ last walk to Golgotha comes to Ilford - what do you think?
- Credit: Archant
The aim of any promotional event is to capture the public’s imagination.
But did the British Pakistani Christian Association go one step too far with its “shocking depiction” of Jesus’ last walk to Golgotha on Tuesday (4) morning?
The walk was promoting the association’s parade on Easter Monday through Ilford Town Centre.
Onlookers were met with images of the brutal whipping and stoning of Jesus, as he carried the heavy wooden cross, on which he would later die from suffocation.
Before Tuesday’s walk, also in Ilford Town Centre, the BPCA said it hoped it would “remind people of [Jesus’] great sacrifice”.
You may also want to watch:
Call the newsdesk on 02084773825 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know your thoughts.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 3 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 4 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 5 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 6 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 7 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 8 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 9 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 10 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff