Shadow chancellor will be in Ilford tonight for Jeremy Corbyn rally
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
The shadow chancellor, John McDonnell, will be coming to Ilford tonight to speak at a public rally in support of Jeremy Corbyn.
Momentum, the grass roots movement which supports Mr Corbyn’s Labour leadership, are hosting the event at Redbridge Town Hall, High Road at 7.30pm.
Daud Niazi, who recently founded Redbridge Momentum branch said he was expecting a good turn out.
“It will be one of the biggest events in the town hall for a long time,” he said.
“There hasn’t been a rally for Jeremy Corbyn in London – this is one of the few if not the only.
You may also want to watch:
“We expect quite a few to take advantage of this opportunity.”
Mr Niazi explained the local branch’s membership has boomed since Mr Corbyn’s leadership contest was announced and has risen from “500 to around 3000”.
- 1 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 2 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 3 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 4 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 5 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 6 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 7 Cycling access extended at Wanstead Park
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 9 Oxford student bids to improve top university access for state school pupils
- 10 Former Woodford Police Station could become office space