Sainsbury’s plan flashmob dance for Sport Relief
Barkingside Sainsbury’s is going the extra mile to help customers and colleagues raise funds for Sport Relief.
A flashmob dance will be performed at the Tanners Lane store on March 21, part of a nationwide event.
Customers are invited to join in the fun by running, swimming or cycling in the Sainsbury’s Sport Relief Games between March 21 and March 23, or making a donation in their nearest Sainsbury’s store.
Chief executive Justin King will be taking part in his own Sport Relief Mile challenge and will run with more than 1,000 of his Sainsbury’s colleagues.
Team leader Michelle Simmons and store manager Chris Wager from the Barkingside store will run alongside Justin at Dulwich on March 22.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I’m really looking forward to meeting the Barkingside colleagues as I get set for my final Sainsbury’s Sport Relief challenge.”
The Chadwell Heath Sainsbury’s in High Road is doing a three-legged race to Sainsbury’s in Romford, which will conclude with a tug-of-war, on March 21.
- 1 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for London Assembly, Loxford and Seven Kings
- 3 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 4 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 5 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
- 6 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 7 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
- 8 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 9 Mosque director: Ilford egg attack highlights Islamophobia Muslims face
- 10 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green
They will also be performing a flashmob dance on the same day.