Sainsbury’s plan flashmob dance for Sport Relief
Barkingside Sainsbury’s is going the extra mile to help customers and colleagues raise funds for Sport Relief.
A flashmob dance will be performed at the Tanners Lane store on March 21, part of a nationwide event.
Customers are invited to join in the fun by running, swimming or cycling in the Sainsbury’s Sport Relief Games between March 21 and March 23, or making a donation in their nearest Sainsbury’s store.
Chief executive Justin King will be taking part in his own Sport Relief Mile challenge and will run with more than 1,000 of his Sainsbury’s colleagues.
Team leader Michelle Simmons and store manager Chris Wager from the Barkingside store will run alongside Justin at Dulwich on March 22.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I’m really looking forward to meeting the Barkingside colleagues as I get set for my final Sainsbury’s Sport Relief challenge.”
The Chadwell Heath Sainsbury’s in High Road is doing a three-legged race to Sainsbury’s in Romford, which will conclude with a tug-of-war, on March 21.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 5 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 6 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 7 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 8 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 9 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 10 Patients urged to avoid Whipps Cross A&E after flooding
They will also be performing a flashmob dance on the same day.