Sainsbury’s plan flashmob dance for Sport Relief
Barkingside Sainsbury’s is going the extra mile to help customers and colleagues raise funds for Sport Relief.
A flashmob dance will be performed at the Tanners Lane store on March 21, part of a nationwide event.
Customers are invited to join in the fun by running, swimming or cycling in the Sainsbury’s Sport Relief Games between March 21 and March 23, or making a donation in their nearest Sainsbury’s store.
Chief executive Justin King will be taking part in his own Sport Relief Mile challenge and will run with more than 1,000 of his Sainsbury’s colleagues.
Team leader Michelle Simmons and store manager Chris Wager from the Barkingside store will run alongside Justin at Dulwich on March 22.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I’m really looking forward to meeting the Barkingside colleagues as I get set for my final Sainsbury’s Sport Relief challenge.”
The Chadwell Heath Sainsbury’s in High Road is doing a three-legged race to Sainsbury’s in Romford, which will conclude with a tug-of-war, on March 21.
- 1 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 2 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 3 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 4 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 8 Chigwell school puts pupils' baking skills to the test
- 9 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 10 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
They will also be performing a flashmob dance on the same day.