Row deepens over Chadwell Heath bus stop
- Credit: Archant
The controversial moving of a Goodmayes bus stop is still angering residents who say their parking spaces have been reduced.
The bus stop, in Chadwell Heath Lane, was first removed from outside West View Cottages because of safety concerns, leaving residents of two retirement complexes at Rosewood Court and Cunningham Court with a long walk to the nearest southbound stop.
In May, the council decided to reinstate the bus stop in its original location, prompting an angry reaction from residents of West View Cottages – some of who attended last week’s area committee five meeting in Barley Lane Primary School, Huxley Drive, Chadwell Heath, to raise their concerns.
Independent Cllr Balvinder Saund said: “You can’t please everyone and in this situation there was always going to be someone who was disappointed.
“I agree that we could have consulted with residents better but the housing officer has agreed to meet with people who have lost parking bays to see if we can find a solution.”
You may also want to watch:
The bus stop was moved in June.
Labour Cllr Wes Streeting said: “This has been a long-running debate from both sides and is clearly something that residents impacted upon feel deeply about. Unfortunately you can’t please them all.”
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
- 6 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 7 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 8 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals