Residents urged to visit new police ‘contact points’ in Redbridge
- Credit: Archant
New “contact points” are now up and running across Redbridge after the closure of front counters at Wanstead and Woodford police stations.
Wanstead Police Station, in Spratt Hall Road, is being sold as part of a huge restructure of the Metropolitan Police.
The nearest contact point will be at Wanstead House in The Green, Wanstead for one hour on three days a week.
Cllr Chris Cummins said: “We regret very much the closure of Wanstead Police Station, so this in effect is second best.
“The situation isn’t ideal but it’s better than having no contact at all.
You may also want to watch:
“I would urge people, if they want to report a crime or have concerns, to go and visit.”
Woodford Police Station in High Road, Woodford Green, has lost its front counter to become a base for officers.
- 1 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 4 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 5 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 6 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 7 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 8 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 9 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 10 EV charging hub launched in South Woodford as ULEZ expands
It is now one of the four new contact points, along with the Elder House Community Centre in Green Lane, Goodmayes; the Fencepiece Road Police Office in Barkingside; and Wanstead House.
They will be open from 7-8pm on Thursday and Friday and from 2-3pm on Sunday.
The changes will also see 86 more police officers in Redbridge over the next two years, a restructure of Safer Neighbourhood Teams and more street patrols.