Residents urged to visit new police ‘contact points’ in Redbridge
- Credit: Archant
New “contact points” are now up and running across Redbridge after the closure of front counters at Wanstead and Woodford police stations.
Wanstead Police Station, in Spratt Hall Road, is being sold as part of a huge restructure of the Metropolitan Police.
The nearest contact point will be at Wanstead House in The Green, Wanstead for one hour on three days a week.
Cllr Chris Cummins said: “We regret very much the closure of Wanstead Police Station, so this in effect is second best.
“The situation isn’t ideal but it’s better than having no contact at all.
You may also want to watch:
“I would urge people, if they want to report a crime or have concerns, to go and visit.”
Woodford Police Station in High Road, Woodford Green, has lost its front counter to become a base for officers.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 5 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 6 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 7 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 8 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 9 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 10 Patients urged to avoid Whipps Cross A&E after flooding
It is now one of the four new contact points, along with the Elder House Community Centre in Green Lane, Goodmayes; the Fencepiece Road Police Office in Barkingside; and Wanstead House.
They will be open from 7-8pm on Thursday and Friday and from 2-3pm on Sunday.
The changes will also see 86 more police officers in Redbridge over the next two years, a restructure of Safer Neighbourhood Teams and more street patrols.