Reliving the spirit of the Diamond Jubilee: Barkingside road to hold summer street party
- Credit: Archant
The street party spirit of last year’s Diamond Jubilee celebrations is set to be revived.
Residents in Hamilton Avenue, Barkingside have clubbed together to hold a bash on June 29.
Speaking of the last year’s street party, resident Terry Lashley told councillors sitting on area committee four on Tuesday in Sinclair House, Woodford Bridge, Redbridge: “We are a multi-racial community and it was a wonderful opportunity for the whole neighboruhood to join together for a common purpose.
“We want to recapture the tremendous spirit that our party engendered... in order to cement the relationships we founded.”
Area four was asked for a £500 donation towards the cost of the party.
You may also want to watch:
Councillors agreed to give £250.
- 1 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 2 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 3 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 4 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 5 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 6 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 7 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 8 Council seeks public input after York Road anti-social behaviour concerns
- 9 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 10 New Covid vaccine centres to open across east London