Reliving the spirit of the Diamond Jubilee: Barkingside road to hold summer street party
- Credit: Archant
The street party spirit of last year’s Diamond Jubilee celebrations is set to be revived.
Residents in Hamilton Avenue, Barkingside have clubbed together to hold a bash on June 29.
Speaking of the last year’s street party, resident Terry Lashley told councillors sitting on area committee four on Tuesday in Sinclair House, Woodford Bridge, Redbridge: “We are a multi-racial community and it was a wonderful opportunity for the whole neighboruhood to join together for a common purpose.
“We want to recapture the tremendous spirit that our party engendered... in order to cement the relationships we founded.”
Area four was asked for a £500 donation towards the cost of the party.
You may also want to watch:
Councillors agreed to give £250.
- 1 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 2 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Chigwell school puts pupils' baking skills to the test
- 5 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 6 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 7 'Scrapping Universal Credit uplift will lead to poverty', MP says
- 8 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
- 9 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 10 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients