Reliving the spirit of the Diamond Jubilee: Barkingside road to hold summer street party
- Credit: Archant
The street party spirit of last year’s Diamond Jubilee celebrations is set to be revived.
Residents in Hamilton Avenue, Barkingside have clubbed together to hold a bash on June 29.
Speaking of the last year’s street party, resident Terry Lashley told councillors sitting on area committee four on Tuesday in Sinclair House, Woodford Bridge, Redbridge: “We are a multi-racial community and it was a wonderful opportunity for the whole neighboruhood to join together for a common purpose.
“We want to recapture the tremendous spirit that our party engendered... in order to cement the relationships we founded.”
Area four was asked for a £500 donation towards the cost of the party.
You may also want to watch:
Councillors agreed to give £250.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 3 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 4 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 5 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 6 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 7 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 8 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 9 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 10 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap