Redbridge will remember victims of Holocaust and other genocides at memorial day
- Credit: Archant
Redbridge will remember the victims of the Holocaust and other genocides on Monday.
A Holocaust Memorial Day service will begin at 11am in the Holocaust Memorial Garden, Valentines Park.
Mayor of Redbridge, Cllr Felicity Banks, and Redbridge Council leader, Cllr Keith Prince, will make speeches.
Songs will be performed by synagogue choirs, readings and prayers will be led by faith leaders from across the borough and there will be a performance from students of Redbridge schools.
Cllr Banks said: “Holocaust Memorial Day is to remember the Holocaust persecution in the Second World War and also to remember subsequent genocides in Cambodia, Rwanda, Bosnia and Dafur.”
You may also want to watch:
n Visit www.redbridge.gov.uk for further details.
- 1 Ilford GP criticises NHS patient data sharing plans
- 2 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 3 Man jailed after gun and cocaine worth £1m found at Ilford home
- 4 Man with Hainault links wanted on recall to prison
- 5 Ilford's Mercato Metropolitano to open in November
- 6 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 7 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 8 New entrance opened at Ilford Station to support Elizabeth line
- 9 Fire at block of maisonettes in Wanstead
- 10 Redbridge school's staff to strike over Covid working dispute