Redbridge will remember victims of Holocaust and other genocides at memorial day
- Credit: Archant
Redbridge will remember the victims of the Holocaust and other genocides on Monday.
A Holocaust Memorial Day service will begin at 11am in the Holocaust Memorial Garden, Valentines Park.
Mayor of Redbridge, Cllr Felicity Banks, and Redbridge Council leader, Cllr Keith Prince, will make speeches.
Songs will be performed by synagogue choirs, readings and prayers will be led by faith leaders from across the borough and there will be a performance from students of Redbridge schools.
Cllr Banks said: “Holocaust Memorial Day is to remember the Holocaust persecution in the Second World War and also to remember subsequent genocides in Cambodia, Rwanda, Bosnia and Dafur.”
You may also want to watch:
n Visit www.redbridge.gov.uk for further details.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 7 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 8 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off