Redbridge Schools Choral Festival 2014: “The greatest thing in this borough for a year,” says councillor.
- Credit: Archant
Cllr Joyce Ryan has waxed lyrical about the efforts of the organisers and the performers at 20th biennial Redbridge Schools Choral Festival.
Speaking at Thursday’s full council meeting, the cabinet member for culture and leisure, described the concert as the “greatest thing in this borough for a year”.
The Albert Hall concert, on March 18, saw more than 1800 schoolchildren involved in the concert from across Redbridge.
Cllr Ryan said: “Every single person should be extremely proud of themselves.
“I think that is the best concert I have been to.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a magnificent festival - it was probably the greatest thing in this borough for a year.”
Cllr Ryan’s praise came on the same night as she confirmed Redbridge Music Service will be able to continue to provide 8,000 young people with weekly instrumental and vocal tuition.
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 3 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 4 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 6 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 7 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 8 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 9 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 10 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath