Redbridge Schools Choral Festival 2014: “The greatest thing in this borough for a year,” says councillor.
- Credit: Archant
Cllr Joyce Ryan has waxed lyrical about the efforts of the organisers and the performers at 20th biennial Redbridge Schools Choral Festival.
Speaking at Thursday’s full council meeting, the cabinet member for culture and leisure, described the concert as the “greatest thing in this borough for a year”.
The Albert Hall concert, on March 18, saw more than 1800 schoolchildren involved in the concert from across Redbridge.
Cllr Ryan said: “Every single person should be extremely proud of themselves.
“I think that is the best concert I have been to.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a magnificent festival - it was probably the greatest thing in this borough for a year.”
Cllr Ryan’s praise came on the same night as she confirmed Redbridge Music Service will be able to continue to provide 8,000 young people with weekly instrumental and vocal tuition.
- 1 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 2 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 3 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 4 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 5 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 6 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 7 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims
- 8 Life sentence for Chigwell man convicted of murder
- 9 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 10 Surplus of primary school places now but shortage expected within 10 years