Redbridge Schools Choral Festival 2014: “The greatest thing in this borough for a year,” says councillor.
- Credit: Archant
Cllr Joyce Ryan has waxed lyrical about the efforts of the organisers and the performers at 20th biennial Redbridge Schools Choral Festival.
Speaking at Thursday’s full council meeting, the cabinet member for culture and leisure, described the concert as the “greatest thing in this borough for a year”.
The Albert Hall concert, on March 18, saw more than 1800 schoolchildren involved in the concert from across Redbridge.
Cllr Ryan said: “Every single person should be extremely proud of themselves.
“I think that is the best concert I have been to.
“It was a magnificent festival - it was probably the greatest thing in this borough for a year.”
Cllr Ryan’s praise came on the same night as she confirmed Redbridge Music Service will be able to continue to provide 8,000 young people with weekly instrumental and vocal tuition.
- 1 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 2 Redbridge Council is watching you: Mobile CCTV vehicle set to tackle crime
- 3 Travel: What to watch out for across Havering, Redbridge and Barking and Dagenham
- 4 Search continues for man who fled scene of Loxford stabbing
- 5 Google rates the top vegan and vegetarian restaurants in your borough
- 6 Events held to mark Ilford Christmas lights switch-on
- 7 Strike action will hit Central and Victoria line Night Tube services this weekend
- 8 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 9 BBC documentary based on BHRUT nurses scoops award
- 10 Things to do in east London this weekend