Redbridge Schools Choral Festival 2014: “The greatest thing in this borough for a year,” says councillor.
- Credit: Archant
Cllr Joyce Ryan has waxed lyrical about the efforts of the organisers and the performers at 20th biennial Redbridge Schools Choral Festival.
Speaking at Thursday’s full council meeting, the cabinet member for culture and leisure, described the concert as the “greatest thing in this borough for a year”.
The Albert Hall concert, on March 18, saw more than 1800 schoolchildren involved in the concert from across Redbridge.
Cllr Ryan said: “Every single person should be extremely proud of themselves.
“I think that is the best concert I have been to.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a magnificent festival - it was probably the greatest thing in this borough for a year.”
Cllr Ryan’s praise came on the same night as she confirmed Redbridge Music Service will be able to continue to provide 8,000 young people with weekly instrumental and vocal tuition.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 4 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 5 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 6 Dispersal order issued ahead of fears over ‘illegal music events’
- 7 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 8 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 9 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 10 Goodmayes racer Alex Lynn and title leader Sam Bird preview London E-Prix