Redbridge residents encouraged to dress up as Santa and run 5k
As the countdown to Christmas begins, a children’s hospice is encouraging residents to take part in its seasonal fundraiser.
Haven House, High Road, Woodford Green is holding its annual Santathon on December 2 at Dagenham and Redbridge FC, Victoria Road, Dagenham.
The 5km family fun run encourages participants to dress up while raising money for charity.
Mike Palfreman, chief executive, said: “This is a really fun event and is sure to get people into the festive spirit.
“However, it’s also about raising vital funds to help support local life-limited children at this special time of year.”
You may also want to watch:
A registration fee of �10 for adults and �5 for children, includes a Santa suit and medal.
To get involved, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8506 3637.
- 1 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 2 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 3 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 4 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 5 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 6 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 7 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 8 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
- 9 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 10 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms