Redbridge residents encouraged to dress up as Santa and run 5k
As the countdown to Christmas begins, a children’s hospice is encouraging residents to take part in its seasonal fundraiser.
Haven House, High Road, Woodford Green is holding its annual Santathon on December 2 at Dagenham and Redbridge FC, Victoria Road, Dagenham.
The 5km family fun run encourages participants to dress up while raising money for charity.
Mike Palfreman, chief executive, said: “This is a really fun event and is sure to get people into the festive spirit.
“However, it’s also about raising vital funds to help support local life-limited children at this special time of year.”
You may also want to watch:
A registration fee of �10 for adults and �5 for children, includes a Santa suit and medal.
To get involved, email email@example.com or call 020 8506 3637.
- 1 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 2 Man airlifted to hospital after Gants Hill house fire
- 3 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 5 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 6 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 7 Four further arrests in connection with Sven Badzak stabbing
- 8 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 9 Fire damages Ilford flats