Redbridge residents encouraged to dress up as Santa and run 5k
As the countdown to Christmas begins, a children’s hospice is encouraging residents to take part in its seasonal fundraiser.
Haven House, High Road, Woodford Green is holding its annual Santathon on December 2 at Dagenham and Redbridge FC, Victoria Road, Dagenham.
The 5km family fun run encourages participants to dress up while raising money for charity.
Mike Palfreman, chief executive, said: “This is a really fun event and is sure to get people into the festive spirit.
“However, it’s also about raising vital funds to help support local life-limited children at this special time of year.”
You may also want to watch:
A registration fee of �10 for adults and �5 for children, includes a Santa suit and medal.
To get involved, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8506 3637.
- 1 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 2 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 3 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 4 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 5 Double murder arrest as dramatic footage shows police detaining woman
- 6 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 7 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 8 Life sentence for Chigwell man convicted of murder
- 9 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
- 10 CCTV still issued of man sought in 'vicious and unprovoked' attack in broad daylight in Barkingside supermarket