Redbridge residents encouraged to dress up as Santa and run 5k
As the countdown to Christmas begins, a children’s hospice is encouraging residents to take part in its seasonal fundraiser.
Haven House, High Road, Woodford Green is holding its annual Santathon on December 2 at Dagenham and Redbridge FC, Victoria Road, Dagenham.
The 5km family fun run encourages participants to dress up while raising money for charity.
Mike Palfreman, chief executive, said: “This is a really fun event and is sure to get people into the festive spirit.
“However, it’s also about raising vital funds to help support local life-limited children at this special time of year.”
You may also want to watch:
A registration fee of �10 for adults and �5 for children, includes a Santa suit and medal.
To get involved, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8506 3637.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 5 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 6 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 7 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 8 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 9 Anti-hate crime workshops to be delivered in Redbridge
- 10 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers