Redbridge resident wants answers after weeks without rubbish collection
- Credit: Sashank Keni Lotlikar
Redbridge Council blamed an admin error for a resident not having his rubbish picked up in more than four weeks.
Sashank Keni Lotlikar was furious after it took the council a month to clear the waste from his home in Eastern Avenue, despite multiple calls and emails pleading for help.
He claimed the cleansing team refused to collect his rubbish unless it was in a wheelie bin, but tried to explain to them he never received one.
For four weeks Sashank said he called and emailed the council almost every day to no avail.
A spokesperson for Redbridge Council said: "We are very sorry about the problems experienced by Mr Keni Lotlikar. These were caused by an admin error, which has now been resolved."
You may also want to watch:
Sashank said he was happy his rubbish was finally cleared but still wants answers as to why it took so long to get a response.
He said: "I have been staying here for nearly 25 years and paying council tax. Why were my emails and calls neglected for so long?"
- 1 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 2 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
- 3 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 4 Ilford business owners adjust to new world on reopening
- 5 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 6 Redbridge leisure centres reopen after latest easing of restrictions
- 7 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after elderly woman dies in Clayhall
- 9 Physical and mental health long-Covid rehab programme launches in Ilford
- 10 Redbridge pubs gear up for outdoor opening