Redbridge GLA member backs Boris Johnson to be next prime minister
- Credit: Archant
GLA member for Redbridge and Havering Keith Prince is already backing Boris Johnson to be the next prime minister.
Talking to the Recorder following the UK’s referendum leave vote, Mr Prince said he was “euphoric”.
He admitted there will be a price to pay in the short term, but he believes this is a positive step for the future of the country.
“We will be able to take control of our destiny and take control of our borders.
“A small adjustment now will bring us more benefits in the future,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Prince said he wasn’t against immigration but wanted people coming to Britain to be contributing new skills to the country.
Describing David Cameron’s resignation as “honourable”, Mr Prince said he was now backing former London mayor Boris Johnson “200 per cent” to become the next prime minister, who will be elected by the Conservative Party in October.
- 1 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 2 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 3 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 4 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 5 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 6 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 7 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 8 NHS pilot to end blood test services at two Redbridge sites
- 9 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 10 'I know how much they help': Teacher to continue motivational sessions
“We need to have someone with a vision for Britain outside of the EU to lead us to the promise land and that man is Boris Johnson,” he said.
Praising Mr Johnson’s “statesmanship”, he added the former mayor would unite the Conservative Party and stood a good chance in the upcoming election.
“I have never seen a politician, who is so popular on the streets,” he said.