Redbridge Cycling Centre holding fun day to celebrate fifth anniversary
- Credit: Archant
The Redbridge Cycling Centre is hosting an open day to mark its five year anniversary at the end of this month.
Bike enthusiasts of all ages and abilities will be welcome at the event at the centre in Forest Road, Hainault, on August 31.
There will be a variety of free activities to celebrate, including taster sessions, competitions, bike safety checks, road awareness and coaching sessions.
Local cycling clubs will be there on the day, alongside cycling organisations such as Breeze and British Cycling, who will be on hand to offer advice.
There will also be a cycle jumble sale and a café.
The centre was opened in 2008 as a replacement for the former Eastway facilities that were redeveloped as part of the Olympic Park.
It hosted the start of the Redbridge leg of the torch relay and was home to Olympians training for the Games.
- 1 Arrest made after man falls from height during forced entry incident
- 2 Judicial review could 'stop GP surgery privatisation'
- 3 Updated number of unvaccinated King George and Queen's hospital staff revealed as deadline looms
- 4 Keith Prince to keep fighting as plans to develop former Homebase inch closer
- 5 Man attacked with machete before falling from height in Wanstead
- 6 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 7 Gallery: Hidden photos reveal London's East End in the 1960s
- 8 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 9 Covid patients numbers declining in east London hospitals
- 10 Woodford Green teen to play at orchestral concert
The open day will run from 10am-4pm. Visit www.redbridgecyclingcentre.co.uk for information.