Redbridge Cycling Centre holding fun day to celebrate fifth anniversary
- Credit: Archant
The Redbridge Cycling Centre is hosting an open day to mark its five year anniversary at the end of this month.
Bike enthusiasts of all ages and abilities will be welcome at the event at the centre in Forest Road, Hainault, on August 31.
There will be a variety of free activities to celebrate, including taster sessions, competitions, bike safety checks, road awareness and coaching sessions.
Local cycling clubs will be there on the day, alongside cycling organisations such as Breeze and British Cycling, who will be on hand to offer advice.
There will also be a cycle jumble sale and a café.
You may also want to watch:
The centre was opened in 2008 as a replacement for the former Eastway facilities that were redeveloped as part of the Olympic Park.
It hosted the start of the Redbridge leg of the torch relay and was home to Olympians training for the Games.
- 1 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 2 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 3 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 4 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 5 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 6 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 7 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 8 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
- 9 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 10 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
The open day will run from 10am-4pm. Visit www.redbridgecyclingcentre.co.uk for information.