Redbridge Cycling Centre holding fun day to celebrate fifth anniversary
- Credit: Archant
The Redbridge Cycling Centre is hosting an open day to mark its five year anniversary at the end of this month.
Bike enthusiasts of all ages and abilities will be welcome at the event at the centre in Forest Road, Hainault, on August 31.
There will be a variety of free activities to celebrate, including taster sessions, competitions, bike safety checks, road awareness and coaching sessions.
Local cycling clubs will be there on the day, alongside cycling organisations such as Breeze and British Cycling, who will be on hand to offer advice.
There will also be a cycle jumble sale and a café.
You may also want to watch:
The centre was opened in 2008 as a replacement for the former Eastway facilities that were redeveloped as part of the Olympic Park.
It hosted the start of the Redbridge leg of the torch relay and was home to Olympians training for the Games.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 4 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 5 Former Ilford South MP opens up on Labour departure in new book
- 6 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 7 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 8 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 9 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 10 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
The open day will run from 10am-4pm. Visit www.redbridgecyclingcentre.co.uk for information.