Redbridge Cycling Centre holding fun day to celebrate fifth anniversary
- Credit: Archant
The Redbridge Cycling Centre is hosting an open day to mark its five year anniversary at the end of this month.
Bike enthusiasts of all ages and abilities will be welcome at the event at the centre in Forest Road, Hainault, on August 31.
There will be a variety of free activities to celebrate, including taster sessions, competitions, bike safety checks, road awareness and coaching sessions.
Local cycling clubs will be there on the day, alongside cycling organisations such as Breeze and British Cycling, who will be on hand to offer advice.
There will also be a cycle jumble sale and a café.
You may also want to watch:
The centre was opened in 2008 as a replacement for the former Eastway facilities that were redeveloped as part of the Olympic Park.
It hosted the start of the Redbridge leg of the torch relay and was home to Olympians training for the Games.
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 3 'A race against time' - 18,000 people in Redbridge have received Covid jab
- 4 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 5 Young Citizen: 'Our community needs us the most right now', says Mutual Aid volunteer
- 6 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Ilford North MP questions home secretary over 'lost' police records
- 8 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Ilford?
- 9 Seven Kings novelist among winners of London Writers Awards
- 10 Inquest into murdered nursing student fails to establish cause of death
The open day will run from 10am-4pm. Visit www.redbridgecyclingcentre.co.uk for information.