Redbridge Council ‘urgently’ needs more foster carers
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Redbridge Council is holding a fostering information session tonight in Ilford, for carers they “urgently need” for children aged 11 and over.
If you could provide a caring and safe home for a young child, head to Redbridge Central Library, Clements Road, from 6pm to 8pm where staff will answer all your questions.
To foster, you can be single, married, straight or gay, living together, working, unemployed or retired.
The council’s weekly allowances range from £288 to £441 per week.
Cllr Elaine Norman, cabinet member for children and young people, said: “You can make a real difference to a young person’s life by becoming a foster carer.
You may also want to watch:
“There is lots of support available, and social workers will be on hand to provide regular support and work closely with anyone who decides to foster.
“If you have a spare room and the energy and commitment to foster, please come along to the information session and find out more.”
To find out head along to Redbridge Central Library tonight or click here.
- 1 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 2 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 3 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 4 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 5 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 6 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 7 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 8 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 9 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 10 Iain Duncan Smith reveals death threat as MPs pay tribute to 'unfailingly kind' colleague
If you cannot make it, there will be another event on October 11.