Redbridge Council ‘urgently’ needs more foster carers
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Redbridge Council is holding a fostering information session tonight in Ilford, for carers they “urgently need” for children aged 11 and over.
If you could provide a caring and safe home for a young child, head to Redbridge Central Library, Clements Road, from 6pm to 8pm where staff will answer all your questions.
To foster, you can be single, married, straight or gay, living together, working, unemployed or retired.
The council’s weekly allowances range from £288 to £441 per week.
Cllr Elaine Norman, cabinet member for children and young people, said: “You can make a real difference to a young person’s life by becoming a foster carer.
You may also want to watch:
“There is lots of support available, and social workers will be on hand to provide regular support and work closely with anyone who decides to foster.
“If you have a spare room and the energy and commitment to foster, please come along to the information session and find out more.”
To find out head along to Redbridge Central Library tonight or click here.
- 1 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 2 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
- 5 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 6 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 7 Chigwell school puts pupils' baking skills to the test
- 8 'Scrapping Universal Credit uplift will lead to poverty', MP says
- 9 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 10 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
If you cannot make it, there will be another event on October 11.