Redbridge Council named best in England for delivering ‘quality care’ with the NHS
- Credit: Archant
Redbridge Council has been named as the best local authority in England for providing “joined-up care”.
Figures released by the government ranks the borough first for working with the NHS to better support residents in the community.
The rating was given after different indicators were analysed including the number of emergency admissions levels for over-65s, the percentage receiving rehabilitation and delayed days in hospital.
Cabinet member for health, social care, mental health and the ageing, Councillor Mark Santos, said: “Through our health and wellbeing board we have been working very hard with our NHS partners to ensure we deliver quality care and support, putting people at the very heart of decisions.
“Our shared priority is that by effectively integrating services our residents spend as little time as necessary in hospital and are supported to live at home where we know they are most comfortable.
You may also want to watch:
“Local people can take great pride and reassurance in knowing we are providing one of the best integrated health and social care services in the country and I want to thank all staff in the council and health services who are helping make this possible.”
Barking and Dagenham was ranked seventh and Havering twelfth.
- 1 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 3 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 4 Police and council join forces to help raise Covid awareness
- 5 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 6 Council must pay £4,500 for failing disabled brothers
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
- 9 CCTV still issued of man sought in 'vicious and unprovoked' attack in broad daylight in Barkingside supermarket
- 10 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims