Redbridge Council named best in England for delivering ‘quality care’ with the NHS
- Credit: Archant
Redbridge Council has been named as the best local authority in England for providing “joined-up care”.
Figures released by the government ranks the borough first for working with the NHS to better support residents in the community.
The rating was given after different indicators were analysed including the number of emergency admissions levels for over-65s, the percentage receiving rehabilitation and delayed days in hospital.
Cabinet member for health, social care, mental health and the ageing, Councillor Mark Santos, said: “Through our health and wellbeing board we have been working very hard with our NHS partners to ensure we deliver quality care and support, putting people at the very heart of decisions.
“Our shared priority is that by effectively integrating services our residents spend as little time as necessary in hospital and are supported to live at home where we know they are most comfortable.
You may also want to watch:
“Local people can take great pride and reassurance in knowing we are providing one of the best integrated health and social care services in the country and I want to thank all staff in the council and health services who are helping make this possible.”
Barking and Dagenham was ranked seventh and Havering twelfth.
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 5 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 6 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 7 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 8 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 9 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs