Redbridge Council launch business grants to improve high streets
- Credit: Redbridge Council
Redbridge Council has announced a series of ‘environmental improvements’ to the borough's streets as part of its Love Your High Street initiative to boost the economy.
New planters filled with bee-friendly plants have been introduced to Barkingside High Street and a one-off grant payment for businesses was also announced.
These High Streets Improvement Scheme grants would cover 50 per cent of the cost of improvements to beautify businesses, with a maximum award of £10,000.
Cllr John Howard, cabinet member for stronger communities, said: “We know how important our local high streets are to the community and that the past year has been extremely difficult for business owners.
“The High Street Improvement Grants, alongside our own environmental improvements, will make our high streets look cleaner, greener and more inviting to shoppers, diners and visitors.”
You may also want to watch:
The grant application process is open until September 30.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 5 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 6 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 7 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 8 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 9 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 10 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say