Door-to-door Covid testing offered by the council
- Credit: PA
With one of the highest Covid infection rates in the country, Redbridge Council is going door-to-door offering a free home testing service.
A team of five officers, working seven days a week, are knocking on doors between 10am-6pm to provide information and advice on Covid and offer a free PCR test.
Residents don't have to have symptoms to take the test.
All tests will be delivered and picked up from your doorstep by a trained team, who will wait outside your property while you take the test and register it on your mobile device.
The team will be fully equipped with PPE and have ID stating they are working on behalf of the council.
You may also want to watch:
With Covid scams making headlines, the council has confirmed their specialist teams will not ask for any personal details, request payment for or require access to your property.
The project is set to last until the end of January but there is a possibility it could get extended.
More information and the schedule of areas they will be visiting can be found on the council's website.
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 5 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 6 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 7 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP
- 8 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 9 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones