Door-to-door Covid testing offered by the council
- Credit: PA
With one of the highest Covid infection rates in the country, Redbridge Council is going door-to-door offering a free home testing service.
A team of five officers, working seven days a week, are knocking on doors between 10am-6pm to provide information and advice on Covid and offer a free PCR test.
Residents don't have to have symptoms to take the test.
All tests will be delivered and picked up from your doorstep by a trained team, who will wait outside your property while you take the test and register it on your mobile device.
The team will be fully equipped with PPE and have ID stating they are working on behalf of the council.
You may also want to watch:
With Covid scams making headlines, the council has confirmed their specialist teams will not ask for any personal details, request payment for or require access to your property.
The project is set to last until the end of January but there is a possibility it could get extended.
More information and the schedule of areas they will be visiting can be found on the council's website.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 3 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 4 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 5 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 6 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 7 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 8 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 9 Police warn of 'violence, urination' as takeaway applies for late licence
- 10 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list