Door-to-door Covid testing offered by the council
- Credit: PA
With one of the highest Covid infection rates in the country, Redbridge Council is going door-to-door offering a free home testing service.
A team of five officers, working seven days a week, are knocking on doors between 10am-6pm to provide information and advice on Covid and offer a free PCR test.
Residents don't have to have symptoms to take the test.
All tests will be delivered and picked up from your doorstep by a trained team, who will wait outside your property while you take the test and register it on your mobile device.
The team will be fully equipped with PPE and have ID stating they are working on behalf of the council.
You may also want to watch:
With Covid scams making headlines, the council has confirmed their specialist teams will not ask for any personal details, request payment for or require access to your property.
The project is set to last until the end of January but there is a possibility it could get extended.
More information and the schedule of areas they will be visiting can be found on the council's website.
- 1 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 2 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 3 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 4 Fire breaks out at care home under renovation in Newbury Park
- 5 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 6 Tributes paid to Ilford jazz legend Keith Nichols, who died from Covid
- 7 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 8 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 9 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 10 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence