Redbridge Council announces St. George’s Day events
Redbridge Council has announced a range of activities for people to celebrate St. George’s Day across the borough.
Events on April 23 include an appearance from St George and his dragon in Ilford town centre, Punch & Judy shows at Redbridge Central Library in Clements Road, Ilford and a special cricket event at Hainault Recreation Ground in Forest Road.
A George and the Dragon story-telling and craft session will take place at Fullwell Cross Library in High Street, Barkingside.
All the events are free.
There will also be a St George’s day themed puppet theatre at Wanstead Library in Spratt Hall Road, Wanstead, with tickets costing £4.50.
You may also want to watch:
For the grown-ups Valentine’s Mansion in Emerson Road, Ilford, will be celebrating both St. George’s Day and the 450th anniversary of the birth of Shakespeare with cream tea and a guided tour of the mansion revealing its Shakespearean connections and “birthday” souvenirs available.
The council is also encouraging people to be patriotic and embrace English tradition by wearing red and flying the flag of St. George.
- 1 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for London Assembly, Loxford and Seven Kings
- 3 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 4 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 5 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
- 6 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 7 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
- 8 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 9 Mosque director: Ilford egg attack highlights Islamophobia Muslims face
- 10 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green
Details of all the St. George’s day plans can be found atredbridge.gov.uk.