Redbridge Council announces St. George’s Day events
Redbridge Council has announced a range of activities for people to celebrate St. George’s Day across the borough.
Events on April 23 include an appearance from St George and his dragon in Ilford town centre, Punch & Judy shows at Redbridge Central Library in Clements Road, Ilford and a special cricket event at Hainault Recreation Ground in Forest Road.
A George and the Dragon story-telling and craft session will take place at Fullwell Cross Library in High Street, Barkingside.
All the events are free.
There will also be a St George’s day themed puppet theatre at Wanstead Library in Spratt Hall Road, Wanstead, with tickets costing £4.50.
You may also want to watch:
For the grown-ups Valentine’s Mansion in Emerson Road, Ilford, will be celebrating both St. George’s Day and the 450th anniversary of the birth of Shakespeare with cream tea and a guided tour of the mansion revealing its Shakespearean connections and “birthday” souvenirs available.
The council is also encouraging people to be patriotic and embrace English tradition by wearing red and flying the flag of St. George.
- 1 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 2 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 3 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
- 6 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 7 'Very challenging': Ilford businesses still struggling months after return
- 8 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Which venues have been crowned Redbridge's Hospitality Heroes?
Details of all the St. George’s day plans can be found atredbridge.gov.uk.