Redbridge Council announces St. George’s Day events
Redbridge Council has announced a range of activities for people to celebrate St. George’s Day across the borough.
Events on April 23 include an appearance from St George and his dragon in Ilford town centre, Punch & Judy shows at Redbridge Central Library in Clements Road, Ilford and a special cricket event at Hainault Recreation Ground in Forest Road.
A George and the Dragon story-telling and craft session will take place at Fullwell Cross Library in High Street, Barkingside.
All the events are free.
There will also be a St George’s day themed puppet theatre at Wanstead Library in Spratt Hall Road, Wanstead, with tickets costing £4.50.
For the grown-ups Valentine’s Mansion in Emerson Road, Ilford, will be celebrating both St. George’s Day and the 450th anniversary of the birth of Shakespeare with cream tea and a guided tour of the mansion revealing its Shakespearean connections and “birthday” souvenirs available.
The council is also encouraging people to be patriotic and embrace English tradition by wearing red and flying the flag of St. George.
- 1 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 2 Man with Woodford Green links wanted in connection with assault
- 3 'Government should rethink their plans': Masks still required on TfL
- 4 Men jailed for using explosives in string of ATM thefts
- 5 Patients with Covid in east London hospitals fall after rising for weeks
- 6 More headliners announced for We Are FSTVL 2022
- 7 Young Citizen: Teen nominated after revealing Covid fight to inspire jabs
- 8 Bus timetable change to 'better align' with hospital shifts
- 9 Almost 3,000 Barts Health hospital staff yet to have Covid jab, figures show
- 10 Votes set to be cast for borough's next youth parliament members
Details of all the St. George’s day plans can be found atredbridge.gov.uk.