Redbridge Council announces St. George’s Day events
Redbridge Council has announced a range of activities for people to celebrate St. George’s Day across the borough.
Events on April 23 include an appearance from St George and his dragon in Ilford town centre, Punch & Judy shows at Redbridge Central Library in Clements Road, Ilford and a special cricket event at Hainault Recreation Ground in Forest Road.
A George and the Dragon story-telling and craft session will take place at Fullwell Cross Library in High Street, Barkingside.
All the events are free.
There will also be a St George’s day themed puppet theatre at Wanstead Library in Spratt Hall Road, Wanstead, with tickets costing £4.50.
You may also want to watch:
For the grown-ups Valentine’s Mansion in Emerson Road, Ilford, will be celebrating both St. George’s Day and the 450th anniversary of the birth of Shakespeare with cream tea and a guided tour of the mansion revealing its Shakespearean connections and “birthday” souvenirs available.
The council is also encouraging people to be patriotic and embrace English tradition by wearing red and flying the flag of St. George.
- 1 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 2 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 3 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 4 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 'Help people find moments of beauty within the trauma': BHRUT chaplain supports staff during pandemic
- 7 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 8 Chigwell school puts pupils' baking skills to the test
- 9 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 10 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
Details of all the St. George’s day plans can be found atredbridge.gov.uk.