Poll: what do you think of temporary swimming pool plan?
- Credit: Archant
A temporary swimming pool and leisure complex is planned in Seven Kings.
The proposal, put forward by Redbridge Council leader Cllr Keith Prince’s administration, would see a 25m swimming pool, a new gym and a library service built on the Seven Kings station car park in High Road.
But it has been criticised by the borough’s Labour group.
In this week’s Recorder, Cllr Prince issued a plea to Labour group leader Cllr Jas Athwal to provide details of a better plan at a similar cost.
And Cllr Athwal judged the temporary scheme “an incredibly bad business proposition”.
You may also want to watch:
What do you think of the plans? Vote in our online poll.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
- 6 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 7 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 8 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say