Poll: what do you think of temporary swimming pool plan?
- Credit: Archant
A temporary swimming pool and leisure complex is planned in Seven Kings.
The proposal, put forward by Redbridge Council leader Cllr Keith Prince’s administration, would see a 25m swimming pool, a new gym and a library service built on the Seven Kings station car park in High Road.
But it has been criticised by the borough’s Labour group.
In this week’s Recorder, Cllr Prince issued a plea to Labour group leader Cllr Jas Athwal to provide details of a better plan at a similar cost.
And Cllr Athwal judged the temporary scheme “an incredibly bad business proposition”.
You may also want to watch:
What do you think of the plans? Vote in our online poll.
- 1 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 2 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 3 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 4 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 5 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 6 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Sam Tarry MP: 'My focus is on job creation in Ilford'
- 8 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 9 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 10 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder