Poll: what do you think of temporary swimming pool plan?
- Credit: Archant
A temporary swimming pool and leisure complex is planned in Seven Kings.
The proposal, put forward by Redbridge Council leader Cllr Keith Prince’s administration, would see a 25m swimming pool, a new gym and a library service built on the Seven Kings station car park in High Road.
But it has been criticised by the borough’s Labour group.
In this week’s Recorder, Cllr Prince issued a plea to Labour group leader Cllr Jas Athwal to provide details of a better plan at a similar cost.
And Cllr Athwal judged the temporary scheme “an incredibly bad business proposition”.
What do you think of the plans? Vote in our online poll.
- 1 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 2 Police no longer looking for man wanted in connection with assault
- 3 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 4 Awards nomination for 'rights champion' schoolgirl, 9
- 5 'Time to end the injustice': Barts staff set to strike amid pay dispute
- 6 How often do Londoners cycle to work in each borough?
- 7 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 8 Ilford social club elects new president for 2022
- 9 Driver charged in connection with fatal collision on M11 due in court
- 10 Men jailed for using explosives in string of ATM thefts