Cannabis farm discovered inside Ilford house on fire
- Credit: Archant
Police discovered a cannabis farm inside an Ilford house which was on fire early this morning.
The London Fire Brigade called the police to attend the scene of a fire just after 2am, where a house in The Drive was badly damaged.
Officers attended and discovered a large amount of cannabis plants inside the property.
No arrests have been made and there were no reports of injuries from the fire.
Four fire engines and around 25 firefighters were called to a fire at a house in The Drive at 1.30am this morning (Tuesday, June 6).
You may also want to watch:
Part of the ground floor, first floor and the roof of a semi-detached house were damaged.
The driveway was also damaged as well as part of the scaffolding on the building by the blaze.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 5 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 6 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 7 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 8 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 9 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 10 Patients urged to avoid Whipps Cross A&E after flooding
The fire was under control by 2.39am and fire crews from Ilford, Stratford and East Ham fire stations attended the scene.
The cause of the fire is under investigation by the London Fire Brigade and the Metropolitan Police Service and enquiries continue.