Cannabis farm discovered inside Ilford house on fire
- Credit: Archant
Police discovered a cannabis farm inside an Ilford house which was on fire early this morning.
The London Fire Brigade called the police to attend the scene of a fire just after 2am, where a house in The Drive was badly damaged.
Officers attended and discovered a large amount of cannabis plants inside the property.
No arrests have been made and there were no reports of injuries from the fire.
Four fire engines and around 25 firefighters were called to a fire at a house in The Drive at 1.30am this morning (Tuesday, June 6).
You may also want to watch:
Part of the ground floor, first floor and the roof of a semi-detached house were damaged.
The driveway was also damaged as well as part of the scaffolding on the building by the blaze.
- 1 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 2 Owner who posted video of his restaurant defying Covid rules loses licence
- 3 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 4 Fire breaks out at care home under renovation in Newbury Park
- 5 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 6 Plans for 66ft 5G mast in Goodmayes alarms residents
- 7 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Wanstead?
- 8 Tributes paid to Ilford jazz legend Keith Nichols, who died from Covid
- 9 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 10 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
The fire was under control by 2.39am and fire crews from Ilford, Stratford and East Ham fire stations attended the scene.
The cause of the fire is under investigation by the London Fire Brigade and the Metropolitan Police Service and enquiries continue.