Cannabis farm discovered inside Ilford house on fire
- Credit: Archant
Police discovered a cannabis farm inside an Ilford house which was on fire early this morning.
The London Fire Brigade called the police to attend the scene of a fire just after 2am, where a house in The Drive was badly damaged.
Officers attended and discovered a large amount of cannabis plants inside the property.
No arrests have been made and there were no reports of injuries from the fire.
Four fire engines and around 25 firefighters were called to a fire at a house in The Drive at 1.30am this morning (Tuesday, June 6).
You may also want to watch:
Part of the ground floor, first floor and the roof of a semi-detached house were damaged.
The driveway was also damaged as well as part of the scaffolding on the building by the blaze.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 3 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 4 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 5 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 6 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 7 Five veggie-friendly restaurants in Redbridge, courtesy of TripAdvisor
- 8 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine
- 9 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 10 'Complete chaos’: Leader slams government's Afghan refugee programme
The fire was under control by 2.39am and fire crews from Ilford, Stratford and East Ham fire stations attended the scene.
The cause of the fire is under investigation by the London Fire Brigade and the Metropolitan Police Service and enquiries continue.