Cannabis farm discovered inside Ilford house on fire
- Credit: Archant
Police discovered a cannabis farm inside an Ilford house which was on fire early this morning.
The London Fire Brigade called the police to attend the scene of a fire just after 2am, where a house in The Drive was badly damaged.
Officers attended and discovered a large amount of cannabis plants inside the property.
No arrests have been made and there were no reports of injuries from the fire.
Four fire engines and around 25 firefighters were called to a fire at a house in The Drive at 1.30am this morning (Tuesday, June 6).
You may also want to watch:
Part of the ground floor, first floor and the roof of a semi-detached house were damaged.
The driveway was also damaged as well as part of the scaffolding on the building by the blaze.
- 1 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for London Assembly, Loxford and Seven Kings
- 3 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 4 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 5 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 6 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Mosque director: Ilford egg attack highlights Islamophobia Muslims face
- 8 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 9 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
- 10 Have you seen Casey, 16, missing from Ilford?
The fire was under control by 2.39am and fire crews from Ilford, Stratford and East Ham fire stations attended the scene.
The cause of the fire is under investigation by the London Fire Brigade and the Metropolitan Police Service and enquiries continue.