Police appeal after hit and run crash in South Woodford that put motorcyclist in hospital
Police are appealing for information after a hit and run crash in South Woodford last weekend.
Officers were called to the eastbound carriageway of the A406 between the Waterworks Corner and Charlie Brown’s Roundabout around 11.30am on Sunday August 4.
The car and motorcyclist had collided and the driver of the car failed to stop at the scene.
The motorcyclist, a man in his 40s, was taken to an east London hospital with a suspected broken leg. He has since been discharged.
Police are trying to trace the car, which was described as dark coloured.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the collision or has information about the vehicle is asked to contact DC Dustin Irribarren at the Traffic Unit based at Chadwell Heath on 0208 597 4874 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 5 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 6 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
- 7 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 8 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 9 Redbridge ranked second most hygienic London borough for nightlife
- 10 Nine in ten Redbridge women report being subject to street harassment