Police appeal after hit and run crash in South Woodford that put motorcyclist in hospital
Police are appealing for information after a hit and run crash in South Woodford last weekend.
Officers were called to the eastbound carriageway of the A406 between the Waterworks Corner and Charlie Brown’s Roundabout around 11.30am on Sunday August 4.
The car and motorcyclist had collided and the driver of the car failed to stop at the scene.
The motorcyclist, a man in his 40s, was taken to an east London hospital with a suspected broken leg. He has since been discharged.
Police are trying to trace the car, which was described as dark coloured.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the collision or has information about the vehicle is asked to contact DC Dustin Irribarren at the Traffic Unit based at Chadwell Heath on 0208 597 4874 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Surplus of primary school places now but shortage expected within 10 years
- 2 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 3 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 4 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 7 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
- 8 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 9 Life sentence for Chigwell man convicted of murder
- 10 Double murder arrest as dramatic footage shows police detaining woman