Police appeal after biker ‘seen riding on pavements and doing wheelies’ in Chigwell
- Credit: Archant
Police have launched a manhunt following several reports of a motorbike being ridden dangerously.
Officers say they have received reports of an unregistered bike being ridden “in an anti-social manner” in the Chigwell and Loughton areas.
Pc Paul Walker said: “Members of the public have reported seeing it being ridden on pavements, driving through red traffic lights on crossings and at road junctions and doing wheelies in traffic.
“Officers have tried to stop this motorcycle on a number of occasions but so far without success and we are concerned for the safety of both the rider and members of the public.
“I appreciate these are not the clearest images but I hope someone will recognise the man, or the bike itself, which will help us with our enquiries.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information cal call Pc Walker at Loughton police station on 101.
- 1 Thirteen-year-old boy stabbed in Ilford
- 2 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 5 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 6 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 7 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 8 16-year-old arrested after woman reports sexual assault in South Woodford
- 9 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 10 Hainault community garden gets £85k for 'ecotherapy' scheme