Police appeal after biker ‘seen riding on pavements and doing wheelies’ in Chigwell
- Credit: Archant
Police have launched a manhunt following several reports of a motorbike being ridden dangerously.
Officers say they have received reports of an unregistered bike being ridden “in an anti-social manner” in the Chigwell and Loughton areas.
Pc Paul Walker said: “Members of the public have reported seeing it being ridden on pavements, driving through red traffic lights on crossings and at road junctions and doing wheelies in traffic.
“Officers have tried to stop this motorcycle on a number of occasions but so far without success and we are concerned for the safety of both the rider and members of the public.
“I appreciate these are not the clearest images but I hope someone will recognise the man, or the bike itself, which will help us with our enquiries.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information cal call Pc Walker at Loughton police station on 101.
- 1 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 2 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 3 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 4 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 5 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 6 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 7 NHS pilot to end blood test services at two Redbridge sites
- 8 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 9 Council leader hails 'affordable' housing development in Wanstead
- 10 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure