Person killed after being hit by train at Goodmayes station
A 35-year-old man was killed yesterday afternoon after being hit by a train at Goodmayes station.
The man was from Romford and his family have been informed.
Ambulance crews were called at about 1.20pm to the station in Goodmayes Road, Goodmayes.
A spokesman for the London Ambulance Service said: “We were called to reports of a person hit by a train. Sadly the person was already dead at the scene.”
An ambulance crew and a hazard response vehicle all attended.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for British Transport Police said: “The incident is currently being treated as non-suspicious and a file will be prepared for the coroner.”
- 1 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 2 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 3 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 4 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 5 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 6 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 7 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 8 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 9 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 10 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead