Person killed after being hit by train at Goodmayes station
A 35-year-old man was killed yesterday afternoon after being hit by a train at Goodmayes station.
The man was from Romford and his family have been informed.
Ambulance crews were called at about 1.20pm to the station in Goodmayes Road, Goodmayes.
A spokesman for the London Ambulance Service said: “We were called to reports of a person hit by a train. Sadly the person was already dead at the scene.”
An ambulance crew and a hazard response vehicle all attended.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for British Transport Police said: “The incident is currently being treated as non-suspicious and a file will be prepared for the coroner.”
- 1 Thirteen-year-old boy stabbed in Ilford
- 2 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 5 16-year-old arrested after woman reports sexual assault in South Woodford
- 6 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 7 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 8 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 9 Hainault community garden gets £85k for 'ecotherapy' scheme
- 10 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London