Person killed after being hit by train at Goodmayes station
A 35-year-old man was killed yesterday afternoon after being hit by a train at Goodmayes station.
The man was from Romford and his family have been informed.
Ambulance crews were called at about 1.20pm to the station in Goodmayes Road, Goodmayes.
A spokesman for the London Ambulance Service said: “We were called to reports of a person hit by a train. Sadly the person was already dead at the scene.”
An ambulance crew and a hazard response vehicle all attended.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for British Transport Police said: “The incident is currently being treated as non-suspicious and a file will be prepared for the coroner.”
- 1 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 2 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 3 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 4 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 5 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 6 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 7 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 8 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 9 From City Hall: Increase of council tax a slap in the face for every struggling Londoner
- 10 Consultation for School Streets expansion extended