Patients sent to Whipps Cross after boiler problem forces Wanstead Hospital blood clinic to close
- Credit: Google
Patients are being turned away from the phlebotomy service at Wanstead Hospital due to a boiler problem.
Barts Health Trust, which runs the service at the site in Makepeace Road, confirmed there was a “temporary issue” and said patients should instead attend outpatients area one at Whipps Cross Hospital, Leytonstone.
A spokesman said: “We are committed to providing a high quality phlebotomy service at Old Wanstead Hospital.
“Unfortunately, due to an issue with the boiler, we are temporarily asking patients to attend Whipps Cross Hospital’s outpatients area one,” he said.
“We can assure patients that this is a temporary issue and as soon as the problem is fixed the service will reopen.”
You may also want to watch:
He confirmed the trust had no plans to move the service from the Wanstead Hospital site.
“We apologise for any inconvenience caused and are working closely with our partners at Barking and Dagenham, Havering and Redbridge Clinical Commissioning Group to resolve the issue as soon as possible.”
- 1 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 2 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
- 5 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 6 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 7 Chigwell school puts pupils' baking skills to the test
- 8 'Scrapping Universal Credit uplift will lead to poverty', MP says
- 9 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 10 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
At the start of this year, the site’s intermediate care units Heronwood and Galleon – which were run by North East London NHS Foundation Trust (Nelft) – permanently closed, leading to concerns over the future of other services.