Parkside Community Centre in Goodmayes given cash to remove asbestos
Live performances could be a thing of the future for one community centre which has just been granted thousands of pounds to renovate their stage area.
The Parkside Community Centre, Goodmayes Lane, Goodmayes has been awarded £5,000 to remove the asbestos from the stage area and scenery storage room.
The area has been sealed off since 2011 after tests found asbestos in the ceiling.
The centre hopes they will be able to complete the work by September.
It is home to dance and drama groups, music classes and playgroups as well tuition classes and sports activities.
You may also want to watch:
Area committee six awarded the money during their meeting last week.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 4 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 5 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 6 Wanstead Market set to re-open
- 7 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 8 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 9 Music from Jessie J and Olly Murs to feature in new musical in Romford
- 10 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap