Nominations for Redbridge’s Mayor’s Annual Awards must be received by Friday
The final nominations for the Mayor’s Annual Awards, which launched last year, must be received by Friday.
Redbridge Council has so far received 64 nominations and are still looking for more nominations, especially in the Best Business, Green Redbridge and Safer Redbridge categories.
The awards recognise worthy individuals or groups who carry out exceptional work in the borough voluntarily and in their own time.
A ceremony will be held at Redbridge Town Hall, High Road, Ilford on January 26.
Mayor of Redbridge, Cllr Muhammed Javed, said: “These awards are all about celebrating the generosity of spirit of the people of Redbridge and giving time for others.
You may also want to watch:
“The response so far has been fantastic, however, the deadline is looming so I urge anyone who knows of someone who deserves to be recognised for their work in the community to put their nominations in soon.”
The awards also include the Recorder Redbridge Rotary Young Citizen award which is sponsored by Exchange Ilford.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 5 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 6 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 8 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 9 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 10 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
Visit www.redbridge.gov.uk for information and to make a nomination.