Nominations for Redbridge’s Mayor’s Annual Awards must be received by Friday
The final nominations for the Mayor’s Annual Awards, which launched last year, must be received by Friday.
Redbridge Council has so far received 64 nominations and are still looking for more nominations, especially in the Best Business, Green Redbridge and Safer Redbridge categories.
The awards recognise worthy individuals or groups who carry out exceptional work in the borough voluntarily and in their own time.
A ceremony will be held at Redbridge Town Hall, High Road, Ilford on January 26.
Mayor of Redbridge, Cllr Muhammed Javed, said: “These awards are all about celebrating the generosity of spirit of the people of Redbridge and giving time for others.
“The response so far has been fantastic, however, the deadline is looming so I urge anyone who knows of someone who deserves to be recognised for their work in the community to put their nominations in soon.”
The awards also include the Recorder Redbridge Rotary Young Citizen award which is sponsored by Exchange Ilford.
- 1 Driver charged in connection with fatal collision on M11 due in court
- 2 South Woodford care home loses Good CQC rating
- 3 Men jailed for using explosives in string of ATM thefts
- 4 Ex football boss sets up fans club to increase diversity at England games
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 Rat-running lorry drivers in Redbridge face fines of up to £130
- 7 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 8 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 9 Writer wins national prize for poetry about teaching and learning
- 10 Goodmayes 'loner' found dead in 'dilapidated' flat leaves £400k fortune
Visit www.redbridge.gov.uk for information and to make a nomination.