Nominations for Redbridge’s Mayor’s Annual Awards must be received by Friday
The final nominations for the Mayor’s Annual Awards, which launched last year, must be received by Friday.
Redbridge Council has so far received 64 nominations and are still looking for more nominations, especially in the Best Business, Green Redbridge and Safer Redbridge categories.
The awards recognise worthy individuals or groups who carry out exceptional work in the borough voluntarily and in their own time.
A ceremony will be held at Redbridge Town Hall, High Road, Ilford on January 26.
Mayor of Redbridge, Cllr Muhammed Javed, said: “These awards are all about celebrating the generosity of spirit of the people of Redbridge and giving time for others.
You may also want to watch:
“The response so far has been fantastic, however, the deadline is looming so I urge anyone who knows of someone who deserves to be recognised for their work in the community to put their nominations in soon.”
The awards also include the Recorder Redbridge Rotary Young Citizen award which is sponsored by Exchange Ilford.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 4 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 5 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 6 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 7 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 8 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 9 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
- 10 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
Visit www.redbridge.gov.uk for information and to make a nomination.