Nominations for Redbridge’s Mayor’s Annual Awards must be received by Friday
The final nominations for the Mayor’s Annual Awards, which launched last year, must be received by Friday.
Redbridge Council has so far received 64 nominations and are still looking for more nominations, especially in the Best Business, Green Redbridge and Safer Redbridge categories.
The awards recognise worthy individuals or groups who carry out exceptional work in the borough voluntarily and in their own time.
A ceremony will be held at Redbridge Town Hall, High Road, Ilford on January 26.
Mayor of Redbridge, Cllr Muhammed Javed, said: “These awards are all about celebrating the generosity of spirit of the people of Redbridge and giving time for others.
You may also want to watch:
“The response so far has been fantastic, however, the deadline is looming so I urge anyone who knows of someone who deserves to be recognised for their work in the community to put their nominations in soon.”
The awards also include the Recorder Redbridge Rotary Young Citizen award which is sponsored by Exchange Ilford.
- 1 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 2 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 3 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 5 Wanstead wine expert launches new shop
- 6 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Ilford?
- 7 Calls to extend school streets consultation
- 8 Young Citizen: 'Our community needs us the most right now', says Mutual Aid volunteer
- 9 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 10 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
Visit www.redbridge.gov.uk for information and to make a nomination.