Nominations for Redbridge’s Mayor’s Annual Awards must be received by Friday
The final nominations for the Mayor’s Annual Awards, which launched last year, must be received by Friday.
Redbridge Council has so far received 64 nominations and are still looking for more nominations, especially in the Best Business, Green Redbridge and Safer Redbridge categories.
The awards recognise worthy individuals or groups who carry out exceptional work in the borough voluntarily and in their own time.
A ceremony will be held at Redbridge Town Hall, High Road, Ilford on January 26.
Mayor of Redbridge, Cllr Muhammed Javed, said: “These awards are all about celebrating the generosity of spirit of the people of Redbridge and giving time for others.
You may also want to watch:
“The response so far has been fantastic, however, the deadline is looming so I urge anyone who knows of someone who deserves to be recognised for their work in the community to put their nominations in soon.”
The awards also include the Recorder Redbridge Rotary Young Citizen award which is sponsored by Exchange Ilford.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 3 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 4 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 5 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 6 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 7 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 8 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine
- 9 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 10 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
Visit www.redbridge.gov.uk for information and to make a nomination.