Newbury Park pupils learn the importance of road safety in winter
The importance of road safety in the winter was highlighted to pupils at a Newbury Park school.
Pupils at Newbury Park Primary School, Perrymans Farm Road, have been reflecting on their safety on the roads after a visit from Dagenham Motors.
Simon Bennett spoke to youngsters about how to stay safe and handed out reflective wristbands to help keep them visible during their journeys to and from school.
A special assembly was also held which highlighted the dangers of treacherous roads throughout the winter and the need for pedestrians to ensure they can be seen by drivers.
He said: “The children were brilliant and took everything on board and I’m sure they will be wearing their reflective wristbands with pride.”
You may also want to watch:
Dagenham Motors visited the school as part of National Road Safety Week in support of road safety charity Brake.
- 1 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 2 Thirteen-year-old boy stabbed in Ilford
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 5 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 6 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 7 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 8 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 9 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 10 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London