Newbury Park pupils learn the importance of road safety in winter
The importance of road safety in the winter was highlighted to pupils at a Newbury Park school.
Pupils at Newbury Park Primary School, Perrymans Farm Road, have been reflecting on their safety on the roads after a visit from Dagenham Motors.
Simon Bennett spoke to youngsters about how to stay safe and handed out reflective wristbands to help keep them visible during their journeys to and from school.
A special assembly was also held which highlighted the dangers of treacherous roads throughout the winter and the need for pedestrians to ensure they can be seen by drivers.
He said: “The children were brilliant and took everything on board and I’m sure they will be wearing their reflective wristbands with pride.”
You may also want to watch:
Dagenham Motors visited the school as part of National Road Safety Week in support of road safety charity Brake.
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 3 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 4 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 5 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 6 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 7 'A race against time' - 18,000 people in Redbridge have received Covid jab
- 8 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 9 Little Gearies development plans pass following hours of discussion over Barkingside estate
- 10 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences