Newbury Park pupils learn the importance of road safety in winter
The importance of road safety in the winter was highlighted to pupils at a Newbury Park school.
Pupils at Newbury Park Primary School, Perrymans Farm Road, have been reflecting on their safety on the roads after a visit from Dagenham Motors.
Simon Bennett spoke to youngsters about how to stay safe and handed out reflective wristbands to help keep them visible during their journeys to and from school.
A special assembly was also held which highlighted the dangers of treacherous roads throughout the winter and the need for pedestrians to ensure they can be seen by drivers.
He said: “The children were brilliant and took everything on board and I’m sure they will be wearing their reflective wristbands with pride.”
You may also want to watch:
Dagenham Motors visited the school as part of National Road Safety Week in support of road safety charity Brake.
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 4 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 5 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 6 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 7 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 8 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 9 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 10 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust