Newbury Park pupils learn the importance of road safety in winter
The importance of road safety in the winter was highlighted to pupils at a Newbury Park school.
Pupils at Newbury Park Primary School, Perrymans Farm Road, have been reflecting on their safety on the roads after a visit from Dagenham Motors.
Simon Bennett spoke to youngsters about how to stay safe and handed out reflective wristbands to help keep them visible during their journeys to and from school.
A special assembly was also held which highlighted the dangers of treacherous roads throughout the winter and the need for pedestrians to ensure they can be seen by drivers.
He said: “The children were brilliant and took everything on board and I’m sure they will be wearing their reflective wristbands with pride.”
You may also want to watch:
Dagenham Motors visited the school as part of National Road Safety Week in support of road safety charity Brake.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 4 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 5 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 6 Dispersal order issued ahead of fears over ‘illegal music events’
- 7 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 8 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 9 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 10 Goodmayes racer Alex Lynn and title leader Sam Bird preview London E-Prix