New zebra crossing planned for Woodford Green shopping street
A new pedestrian crossing is being installed in Woodford Green later this year.
The zebra crossing will be in The Broadway between Sainsbury’s and Ware and Son newsagents, where there is currently a pedestrian island in the middle of the road.
More than two-thirds of residents who responded to a Redbridge Council consultation on the scheme approved of the plan.
Cllr Jim O’Shea said work could start next month.
He added: “There was some confusion around the pedestrian island. This will make the shopping area safer for pedestrians.”
You may also want to watch:
A council report said the crossing would benefit “all road users”.
It added: “The quality of life of residents will generally be improved by providing a better road safety environment compared to the existing situation by reducing road accidents, traffic speed and traffic flows.”
- 1 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 2 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 3 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 4 Election 2021: Live updates for London Assembly, Loxford and Seven Kings
- 5 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 6 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 7 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 8 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
- 9 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green
- 10 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath