New zebra crossing planned for Woodford Green shopping street
A new pedestrian crossing is being installed in Woodford Green later this year.
The zebra crossing will be in The Broadway between Sainsbury’s and Ware and Son newsagents, where there is currently a pedestrian island in the middle of the road.
More than two-thirds of residents who responded to a Redbridge Council consultation on the scheme approved of the plan.
Cllr Jim O’Shea said work could start next month.
He added: “There was some confusion around the pedestrian island. This will make the shopping area safer for pedestrians.”
You may also want to watch:
A council report said the crossing would benefit “all road users”.
It added: “The quality of life of residents will generally be improved by providing a better road safety environment compared to the existing situation by reducing road accidents, traffic speed and traffic flows.”
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 3 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 4 Young Citizen: 'Our community needs us the most right now', says Mutual Aid volunteer
- 5 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 6 'A race against time' - 18,000 people in Redbridge have received Covid jab
- 7 Ilford North MP questions home secretary over 'lost' police records
- 8 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Ilford?
- 9 Inquest into murdered nursing student fails to establish cause of death
- 10 Seven Kings novelist among winners of London Writers Awards