New look Ilford train station entrance revealed in Crossrail plans
- Credit: Archant
This is how Ilford station could look when Crossrail arrives in 2019.
Councillors at Tuesday’s area committee seven meeting welcomed the new, brighter look, which will include longer ticket gates and a bigger entrance hall to cope with the expected increase in passenger numbers.
The station, in Cranbrook Road, was originally due for a complete re-build but will now only be altered.
There was anger over the watering-down of plans when funding for Crossrail was cut by the government.
There will be three new lifts to provide step-free access from platforms to street level and a “reconstructed” station front.
You may also want to watch:
Building is expected to start next year and money will also be spent on improving the pedestrian areas around the station with better paving, lighting and facilities.
What do you think of the new look? Comment below, email email@example.com or tweet @ilfordrecorder.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 5 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 6 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 7 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 8 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 9 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 10 Patients urged to avoid Whipps Cross A&E after flooding