New look Ilford train station entrance revealed in Crossrail plans
- Credit: Archant
This is how Ilford station could look when Crossrail arrives in 2019.
Councillors at Tuesday’s area committee seven meeting welcomed the new, brighter look, which will include longer ticket gates and a bigger entrance hall to cope with the expected increase in passenger numbers.
The station, in Cranbrook Road, was originally due for a complete re-build but will now only be altered.
There was anger over the watering-down of plans when funding for Crossrail was cut by the government.
There will be three new lifts to provide step-free access from platforms to street level and a “reconstructed” station front.
You may also want to watch:
Building is expected to start next year and money will also be spent on improving the pedestrian areas around the station with better paving, lighting and facilities.
What do you think of the new look? Comment below, email email@example.com or tweet @ilfordrecorder.
- 1 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for London Assembly, Loxford and Seven Kings
- 3 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 4 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 5 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
- 6 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 7 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
- 8 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 9 Mosque director: Ilford egg attack highlights Islamophobia Muslims face
- 10 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green