New look Ilford train station entrance revealed in Crossrail plans
- Credit: Archant
This is how Ilford station could look when Crossrail arrives in 2019.
Councillors at Tuesday’s area committee seven meeting welcomed the new, brighter look, which will include longer ticket gates and a bigger entrance hall to cope with the expected increase in passenger numbers.
The station, in Cranbrook Road, was originally due for a complete re-build but will now only be altered.
There was anger over the watering-down of plans when funding for Crossrail was cut by the government.
There will be three new lifts to provide step-free access from platforms to street level and a “reconstructed” station front.
You may also want to watch:
Building is expected to start next year and money will also be spent on improving the pedestrian areas around the station with better paving, lighting and facilities.
What do you think of the new look? Comment below, email email@example.com or tweet @ilfordrecorder.
- 1 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 2 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 5 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
- 6 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 7 Chigwell school puts pupils' baking skills to the test
- 8 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 9 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 10 'Scrapping Universal Credit uplift will lead to poverty', MP says