Murderer Lerone Boye finally found in Chigwell after nearly 100 days on the run
- Credit: Archant
Lerone Boye was finally detained in Chigwell today after spending nearly 100 days on the run.
The 27-year-old, who was jailed for murdering 17-year-old Kelvin Chibueze in Ilford, was being held at the John Howard Centre in Homerton, east London, when he escaped on October 16.
Boye was arrested in a planned operation at around 3.55pm on Tuesday at a house in Elderberry Close, Chigwell.
He has been taken to a north London police station, where he remains in custody.
After several unsuccessful appeals for information about Boye’s whereabouts police offered £15,000 reward in November.
You may also want to watch:
Boye was sentenced in December 2012 to 28 years for the murder of Chibueze in Ilford on August 15.
- 1 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 2 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 3 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 4 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 5 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 6 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 7 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 8 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 9 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 10 Anti-hate crime workshops to be delivered in Redbridge