Murderer Lerone Boye finally found in Chigwell after nearly 100 days on the run
- Credit: Archant
Lerone Boye was finally detained in Chigwell today after spending nearly 100 days on the run.
The 27-year-old, who was jailed for murdering 17-year-old Kelvin Chibueze in Ilford, was being held at the John Howard Centre in Homerton, east London, when he escaped on October 16.
Boye was arrested in a planned operation at around 3.55pm on Tuesday at a house in Elderberry Close, Chigwell.
He has been taken to a north London police station, where he remains in custody.
After several unsuccessful appeals for information about Boye’s whereabouts police offered £15,000 reward in November.
You may also want to watch:
Boye was sentenced in December 2012 to 28 years for the murder of Chibueze in Ilford on August 15.
- 1 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 2 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 5 Ilford MP Wes Streeting is cancer-free after successful operation
- 6 Tributes paid to Seven Kings activist who 'always fought injustice'
- 7 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 8 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 9 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 10 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences