Murderer Lerone Boye finally found in Chigwell after nearly 100 days on the run
- Credit: Archant
Lerone Boye was finally detained in Chigwell today after spending nearly 100 days on the run.
The 27-year-old, who was jailed for murdering 17-year-old Kelvin Chibueze in Ilford, was being held at the John Howard Centre in Homerton, east London, when he escaped on October 16.
Boye was arrested in a planned operation at around 3.55pm on Tuesday at a house in Elderberry Close, Chigwell.
He has been taken to a north London police station, where he remains in custody.
After several unsuccessful appeals for information about Boye’s whereabouts police offered £15,000 reward in November.
You may also want to watch:
Boye was sentenced in December 2012 to 28 years for the murder of Chibueze in Ilford on August 15.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 3 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 4 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 5 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 6 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Redbridge equality group condemns 'heinous' Ilford mosque attack
- 10 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation