Meeting tonight to consult over plans to close two Redbridge police stations
Campaigners against plans to close two Redbridge police stations will aim to make their voices heard at a consultation meeting being held tonight.
The London deputy mayor for policing Stephen Greenhalgh and the Metropolitan Police’s assistant commissioner Simon Byrne will host a one-hour consultation event at Redbridge Town Hall in High Road, Ilford form 8-9pm.
Both Woodford Police Station, High Road, Woodford Green and Wanstead Police Station, Spratt Hall Road, Wanstead are earmarked for closure.
The proposed closures were announced last month as park of the draft police and crime plan of the Mayor’s Office for Policing and Crime (MOPAC).
As part of it, Barkingside Police Station in High Street, Barkingside, will reduce its opening hours as the Met look to make £500million savings in the next three years.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking last month, council leader Cllr Keith Prince said: “I believe we made a compelling case to retain a permanent police station in the west of the borough.
“We will continue to vigorously lobby MOPAC.”
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 4 Waste reduction campaign launches with Redbridge fifth largest rubbish producer in England
- 5 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 6 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 7 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 8 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 9 Wanstead Market set to re-open
- 10 Music from Jessie J and Olly Murs to feature in new musical in Romford
It has not been decided whether the Wanstead and Woodford stations will be sold, contrary to what a MOPAC spokesman told the Recorder last week.
MOPAC proposes selling about 200 buildings.
See this website tomorrow for reaction from the meeting.