Man injured after crashing into tree in Barkingside
A man was injured when his van hit a tree in Barkingside on Sunday (15).
He was trapped in the vehicle after the accident at the junction between Aldborough Road North and Painters Road around 6.00pm.
A London Fire Brigade spokesman said: “The man was trapped and injured.
“We send two fire engines and a fire rescue unit from Ilford and East Ham and the crews released him from the vehicle.”
The air ambulance attended the scene and reportedly landed in a nearby field.
You may also want to watch:
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said: “Staff treated a man, reported to be 50 years old, with head and chest injuries.
“He was taken as a priority via ground ambulance to the Major Trauma Unit of the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel.”
- 1 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 2 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 3 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 7 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 8 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 9 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 10 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
The man’s condition is not known.