Man injured after crashing into tree in Barkingside
A man was injured when his van hit a tree in Barkingside on Sunday (15).
He was trapped in the vehicle after the accident at the junction between Aldborough Road North and Painters Road around 6.00pm.
A London Fire Brigade spokesman said: “The man was trapped and injured.
“We send two fire engines and a fire rescue unit from Ilford and East Ham and the crews released him from the vehicle.”
The air ambulance attended the scene and reportedly landed in a nearby field.
You may also want to watch:
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said: “Staff treated a man, reported to be 50 years old, with head and chest injuries.
“He was taken as a priority via ground ambulance to the Major Trauma Unit of the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel.”
- 1 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Chadwell Heath academy
- 2 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 3 Police and council join forces to help raise Covid awareness
- 4 Council must pay £4,500 for failing disabled brothers
- 5 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 6 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 9 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 10 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
The man’s condition is not known.