Man injured after crashing into tree in Barkingside
A man was injured when his van hit a tree in Barkingside on Sunday (15).
He was trapped in the vehicle after the accident at the junction between Aldborough Road North and Painters Road around 6.00pm.
A London Fire Brigade spokesman said: “The man was trapped and injured.
“We send two fire engines and a fire rescue unit from Ilford and East Ham and the crews released him from the vehicle.”
The air ambulance attended the scene and reportedly landed in a nearby field.
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said: “Staff treated a man, reported to be 50 years old, with head and chest injuries.
“He was taken as a priority via ground ambulance to the Major Trauma Unit of the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel.”
- 1 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 2 Police no longer looking for man wanted in connection with assault
- 3 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 4 Awards nomination for 'rights champion' schoolgirl, 9
- 5 'Time to end the injustice': Barts staff set to strike amid pay dispute
- 6 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 7 How often do Londoners cycle to work in each borough?
- 8 Ilford social club elects new president for 2022
- 9 Driver charged in connection with fatal collision on M11 due in court
- 10 Men jailed for using explosives in string of ATM thefts
The man’s condition is not known.