Man injured after crashing into tree in Barkingside
A man was injured when his van hit a tree in Barkingside on Sunday (15).
He was trapped in the vehicle after the accident at the junction between Aldborough Road North and Painters Road around 6.00pm.
A London Fire Brigade spokesman said: “The man was trapped and injured.
“We send two fire engines and a fire rescue unit from Ilford and East Ham and the crews released him from the vehicle.”
The air ambulance attended the scene and reportedly landed in a nearby field.
You may also want to watch:
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said: “Staff treated a man, reported to be 50 years old, with head and chest injuries.
“He was taken as a priority via ground ambulance to the Major Trauma Unit of the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel.”
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
- 6 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 7 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 8 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
The man’s condition is not known.