Man in 50s airlifted to hospital after motorbike crash in Woodford Green
A man in his 50s was airlifted to hospital after a motorbike crash this afternoon.
A second man was taken to hospital by road ambulance.
Ambulances were called to the scene at 2pm after receiving reports of a road traffic collision involving a van and motorbike. Both men were admitted to Royal London Hospital, Whitechapel.
Both lanes of the High Road, Woodford Green are closed with traffic being diverted by police.
Alysa Hulbert, 21, said: “There was a motorbike on its side on the floor.
You may also want to watch:
“The air ambulance crews lifted the man on a stretcher over the fence into the green where the helicopter landed.”
A spokesman for London Ambulance Service said: “We are still on the scene. We were called at 2.05pm after a collision involving a van and a motorbike. One patient is being treated.”
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 4 Waste reduction campaign launches with Redbridge fifth largest rubbish producer in England
- 5 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 6 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 7 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 8 Music from Jessie J and Olly Murs to feature in new musical in Romford
- 9 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 10 Wanstead Market set to re-open
Did you see what happened? Call the newsdesk on 020 8477 3826.