Man in 50s airlifted to hospital after motorbike crash in Woodford Green
A man in his 50s was airlifted to hospital after a motorbike crash this afternoon.
A second man was taken to hospital by road ambulance.
Ambulances were called to the scene at 2pm after receiving reports of a road traffic collision involving a van and motorbike. Both men were admitted to Royal London Hospital, Whitechapel.
Both lanes of the High Road, Woodford Green are closed with traffic being diverted by police.
Alysa Hulbert, 21, said: “There was a motorbike on its side on the floor.
You may also want to watch:
“The air ambulance crews lifted the man on a stretcher over the fence into the green where the helicopter landed.”
A spokesman for London Ambulance Service said: “We are still on the scene. We were called at 2.05pm after a collision involving a van and a motorbike. One patient is being treated.”
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 3 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 4 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 5 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 6 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 7 'A race against time' - 18,000 people in Redbridge have received Covid jab
- 8 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 9 Little Gearies development plans pass following hours of discussion over Barkingside estate
- 10 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
Did you see what happened? Call the newsdesk on 020 8477 3826.