Man in 50s airlifted to hospital after motorbike crash in Woodford Green
A man in his 50s was airlifted to hospital after a motorbike crash this afternoon.
A second man was taken to hospital by road ambulance.
Ambulances were called to the scene at 2pm after receiving reports of a road traffic collision involving a van and motorbike. Both men were admitted to Royal London Hospital, Whitechapel.
Both lanes of the High Road, Woodford Green are closed with traffic being diverted by police.
Alysa Hulbert, 21, said: “There was a motorbike on its side on the floor.
“The air ambulance crews lifted the man on a stretcher over the fence into the green where the helicopter landed.”
A spokesman for London Ambulance Service said: “We are still on the scene. We were called at 2.05pm after a collision involving a van and a motorbike. One patient is being treated.”
- 1 Search continues for man who fled scene of Loxford stabbing
- 2 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 3 Missing man seen on Chigwell Road found 'safe and well'
- 4 Update on search for older man walking barefoot along Chigwell Road
- 5 Covid survivor, 16, urges people to get jabbed after months in hospital
- 6 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 7 Nine rescue pets looking for homes this Christmas in east London
- 8 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 9 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 10 Events held to mark Ilford Christmas lights switch-on
Did you see what happened? Call the newsdesk on 020 8477 3826.