Little Heath School reach final of nationwide competition
Staff and students at a Redbridge school are delighted to have made it through to the final of a nationwide competition.
From over 300 entries, Little Heath School in Hainault Road, Little Heath, stand a chance of winning £5,000 to make their dream a reality.
The “School We’d Like” competition, organised by the leading insurer of schools Zurich Municipal, invites students and teachers to develop an idea that would improve the quality of life for their school community.
Little Heath, a secondary school for children with needs including learning difficulties and autistic spectrum disorders, has made it into the final four of its category.
The school’s team came up with the idea for a sensory bus.
You may also want to watch:
It would provide a space for sensory play and therapeutic work during school lessons as well as being used for an after school sensory club.
Headteacher James Brownlie said: “We are delighted to have reached the final. The achievement is testament to the hard work put in by the staff and students, who brought creativity and imagination to the project.”
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 3 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 4 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 5 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 6 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 7 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 8 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 9 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 10 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine
The competition is run in alliance with The Guardian and the Little Heath Team will present to a panel of judges at The Guardian’s offices on March 22. Three overall winners will be announced and awarded their cash prize.