Little Heath School reach final of nationwide competition
Staff and students at a Redbridge school are delighted to have made it through to the final of a nationwide competition.
From over 300 entries, Little Heath School in Hainault Road, Little Heath, stand a chance of winning £5,000 to make their dream a reality.
The “School We’d Like” competition, organised by the leading insurer of schools Zurich Municipal, invites students and teachers to develop an idea that would improve the quality of life for their school community.
Little Heath, a secondary school for children with needs including learning difficulties and autistic spectrum disorders, has made it into the final four of its category.
The school’s team came up with the idea for a sensory bus.
You may also want to watch:
It would provide a space for sensory play and therapeutic work during school lessons as well as being used for an after school sensory club.
Headteacher James Brownlie said: “We are delighted to have reached the final. The achievement is testament to the hard work put in by the staff and students, who brought creativity and imagination to the project.”
- 1 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 2 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 3 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 4 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 5 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 6 'Help people find moments of beauty within the trauma': BHRUT chaplain supports staff during pandemic
- 7 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 8 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 9 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
The competition is run in alliance with The Guardian and the Little Heath Team will present to a panel of judges at The Guardian’s offices on March 22. Three overall winners will be announced and awarded their cash prize.