Latest update: River Roding flood risk set to increase with heavy rain predicted
The River Roding is continuing to rise very slowly posing a risk of flooding to low-lying land, roads and gardens, the Environment Agency says.
Surface water flooding from the river, which runs through Redbridge, can be expected in some locations.
The predicted heavy rain on Friday (31) afternoon is expected to increase the flood risk yet further.
The Environment Agency said it would continue to monitor the situation closely.
Another update will be given by the agency this evening.
You may also want to watch:
There have been a number of alerts relating to the river over the last few months.
Since Christmas, there have been three warnings issued for the Lower River Roding, which runs through Woodford, Wanstead, Ilford and East Ham.
- 1 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 2 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 3 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 4 Election 2021: Live updates for London Assembly, Loxford and Seven Kings
- 5 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 6 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 7 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
- 8 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green
- 9 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 10 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
For more information call Floodline on 0845 988 1188, select option 1 and enter Quickdial number 172915.