‘Lack of action’ claim over calls for CCTV in Hainault to tackle antisocial behaviour
A councillor has expressed his disappointment at the lack of action in providing a CCTV camera to combat antisocial behaviour in Hainault.
Cllr David Poole asked for a report to be drawn up at the last area committee three committee meeting in March about the provision of a camera in New North Road, Hainault.
Speaking at last week’s area committee thee meeting, he said: “I am disappointed this report has not been forthcoming. I have been approached by a number of residents who are concerned about their safety when visiting the shops in this area.
“I want to provisionally allocate a sum of money and hopefully we can stop youths congregating there.”
The committee was informed that once Transport for London has finished work on nearby buildings it will place a camera on the road.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Nick Hayes added: “This is good news and I think we need to circulate details so we can keep residents in the picture. It is a concern and we should keep an eye on it.”
- 1 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 3 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 4 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Ilford?
- 5 Wanstead wine expert launches new shop
- 6 Welcome to Chadwell Heath Spartans, a true family football club
- 7 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 8 Calls to extend school streets consultation
- 9 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims
- 10 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays