Ilford workmen find airgun
A roadwork crew found an airgun this afternoon which they believe had been dumped over the weekend.
The team, working in High Road, Ilford found the gun at about 1.30pm this afternoon while laying a new pavement.
Billy Hall, 21 said: “It was an airgun, one of those you pull the top back on. “Someone must have thrown it there over the weekend because they got scared.
“It was about 10 inches long.”
Another workman who did not want to be named said: “I just flagged down a police car, I didn’t bother ringing them.”
You may also want to watch:
The airgun was taken away by police.
Redbridge Police have been asked to comment.
- 1 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 2 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 3 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 4 Lorry driver cleared over elderly couple's crash deaths, inquest hears
- 5 Woodford Green bomb scare declared false alarm
- 6 NHS pilot to end blood test services at two Redbridge sites
- 7 Clouds, rain and sunny intervals: East London weather forecast this week
- 8 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 9 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 10 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang