Ilford workmen find airgun
A roadwork crew found an airgun this afternoon which they believe had been dumped over the weekend.
The team, working in High Road, Ilford found the gun at about 1.30pm this afternoon while laying a new pavement.
Billy Hall, 21 said: “It was an airgun, one of those you pull the top back on. “Someone must have thrown it there over the weekend because they got scared.
“It was about 10 inches long.”
Another workman who did not want to be named said: “I just flagged down a police car, I didn’t bother ringing them.”
You may also want to watch:
The airgun was taken away by police.
Redbridge Police have been asked to comment.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 4 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 5 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 6 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 7 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 8 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 9 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 10 Jailed: Newbury Park man for 'ludicrous' bid to defraud employer of £670k