Ilford workmen find airgun
A roadwork crew found an airgun this afternoon which they believe had been dumped over the weekend.
The team, working in High Road, Ilford found the gun at about 1.30pm this afternoon while laying a new pavement.
Billy Hall, 21 said: “It was an airgun, one of those you pull the top back on. “Someone must have thrown it there over the weekend because they got scared.
“It was about 10 inches long.”
Another workman who did not want to be named said: “I just flagged down a police car, I didn’t bother ringing them.”
You may also want to watch:
The airgun was taken away by police.
Redbridge Police have been asked to comment.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after elderly woman dies in Clayhall
- 2 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 3 Redbridge pubs gear up for outdoor opening
- 4 Criticism of 'comedy of errors' consultation for Wanstead flat extension plans
- 5 South Woodford restaurant owner excited for return of diners
- 6 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 7 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 8 Man in hospital after being slashed multiple times in Wanstead
- 9 Prince Philip death: Redbridge pays tribute to Duke of Edinburgh
- 10 Jailed: Seven Kings man gets 14 years for hammer attack