Ilford’s Gamestation store closes for good after company goes into administration
Ilford’s Gamestation store has closed its doors after the Game Group went into administration.
The store in High Road, Ilford shut its doors yesterday morning, with six staff being made redundant.
It is one of 277 Game and Gamestation stores throughout the UK and Ireland to close.
There will be 2,074 redundancies in total as a result.
Mike Jervis, joint administrator and partner at PricewaterhouseCoopers, said: “Our priority is to continue trading the business as normal while we continue to pursue a sale.
You may also want to watch:
“The recent job losses are regrettable but will place the company in a stronger position while we explore opportunities to conclude a sale.
“My team and I will be doing all we can to help the affected employees at this difficult time.”
- 1 Owner who posted video of his restaurant defying Covid rules loses licence
- 2 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 3 South Woodford post office to close in the spring
- 4 South Woodford flat 'has parties several times a week during lockdown'
- 5 Fire breaks out at care home under renovation in Newbury Park
- 6 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Wanstead?
- 7 Plans for 66ft 5G mast in Goodmayes alarms residents
- 8 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 9 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 10 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
The Game store on the ground floor of Exchange Ilford is one of 333 staying open.