Ilford North MP Lee Scott on Israel trip with Prime Minister
A Redbridge MP is in Israel today accompanying the Prime Minister on a two-day trip promoting business.
Lee Scott, the Conservative MP for Ilford North, is one of four members of Parliament on the state visit.
He will be looking at how Israel commemorates the Holocaust and educates citizens about it.
The trip aims to strengthen ties between the UK and Israel and Palestinian territories to promote economic growth.
Speaking before the visit, David Cameron said he also wanted to support peace talks between Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas.
You may also want to watch:
“The prize could be great: a stable, prosperous Middle East with a sovereign and viable Palestinian State living in peace alongside a secure Israel at the heart of it,” he added.
“There’s a real opportunity to strengthen our commercial relationship with Israel…we also want to see the development of the Palestinian economy.”
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 3 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 4 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 5 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 6 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 7 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 8 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 9 'A race against time' - 18,000 people in Redbridge have received Covid jab
- 10 Little Gearies development plans pass following hours of discussion over Barkingside estate
Mr Cameron is focusing on technology and enticing Israeli firms to invest in Britain.