Ilford North MP Lee Scott on Israel trip with Prime Minister
A Redbridge MP is in Israel today accompanying the Prime Minister on a two-day trip promoting business.
Lee Scott, the Conservative MP for Ilford North, is one of four members of Parliament on the state visit.
He will be looking at how Israel commemorates the Holocaust and educates citizens about it.
The trip aims to strengthen ties between the UK and Israel and Palestinian territories to promote economic growth.
Speaking before the visit, David Cameron said he also wanted to support peace talks between Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas.
You may also want to watch:
“The prize could be great: a stable, prosperous Middle East with a sovereign and viable Palestinian State living in peace alongside a secure Israel at the heart of it,” he added.
“There’s a real opportunity to strengthen our commercial relationship with Israel…we also want to see the development of the Palestinian economy.”
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 4 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 5 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 6 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 7 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 8 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 9 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 10 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
Mr Cameron is focusing on technology and enticing Israeli firms to invest in Britain.