Ilford learning centre benefits from contact-building open day
A learning centre in Ilford held an open day to raise awareness of its services and may now benefit from contacts made with other Redbridge organisations.
Community Development Institute (CDI), in the Cardinal Heenan Centre, High Road, Ilford, opened its doors on Wednesday of last week to let visitors find out more about their range of courses, including learning English as a second language and basic IT skills.
Volunteers made contact with representatives from Redbridge Council’s inward investment unit and employment charity Barnabas Workshops.
Volunteer Michael Ness said: “It went very well. They will be working with us. They were quite impressed. They will probably be referring people to us.”
Other courses offered by CDI include basic English, business and administration.
You may also want to watch:
Call 020 8911 4795 for more information or visit www.cdi centre.co.uk.
- 1 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 2 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 5 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 6 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 7 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 8 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 9 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms
- 10 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'