Ilford learning centre benefits from contact-building open day
A learning centre in Ilford held an open day to raise awareness of its services and may now benefit from contacts made with other Redbridge organisations.
Community Development Institute (CDI), in the Cardinal Heenan Centre, High Road, Ilford, opened its doors on Wednesday of last week to let visitors find out more about their range of courses, including learning English as a second language and basic IT skills.
Volunteers made contact with representatives from Redbridge Council’s inward investment unit and employment charity Barnabas Workshops.
Volunteer Michael Ness said: “It went very well. They will be working with us. They were quite impressed. They will probably be referring people to us.”
Other courses offered by CDI include basic English, business and administration.
You may also want to watch:
Call 020 8911 4795 for more information or visit www.cdi centre.co.uk.
- 1 Surplus of primary school places now but shortage expected within 10 years
- 2 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 3 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 4 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 7 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
- 8 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 9 Life sentence for Chigwell man convicted of murder
- 10 Double murder arrest as dramatic footage shows police detaining woman