Ilford learning centre benefits from contact-building open day
A learning centre in Ilford held an open day to raise awareness of its services and may now benefit from contacts made with other Redbridge organisations.
Community Development Institute (CDI), in the Cardinal Heenan Centre, High Road, Ilford, opened its doors on Wednesday of last week to let visitors find out more about their range of courses, including learning English as a second language and basic IT skills.
Volunteers made contact with representatives from Redbridge Council’s inward investment unit and employment charity Barnabas Workshops.
Volunteer Michael Ness said: “It went very well. They will be working with us. They were quite impressed. They will probably be referring people to us.”
Other courses offered by CDI include basic English, business and administration.
You may also want to watch:
Call 020 8911 4795 for more information or visit www.cdi centre.co.uk.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 5 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 6 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 7 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 8 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 9 Police warn of 'violence, urination' as takeaway applies for late licence
- 10 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list