Ilford Choral Society to host its last ever concert
After 71 years making music in the borough, a choir will host its last concert before the group goes its separate ways.
Ilford Choral Society, based at St. Francis of Assisi Church, Fencepiece Road, Hainault has decided to close due to declining membership and rising costs which means that members can no longer afford to put on concerts.
Many singers who went on to become big names in the musical world appeared as soloists with the society, including Kathleen Ferrier and Janet Baker.
Their final performance will be on Saturday (December 1) at St. Margaret’s Church, Balfour Road, Ilford, 7.30pm.
The programme will include excerpts from Bach’s Christmas Oratorio and Handel’s Messiah, as well as carols and other seasonal music.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are �10 (�8 concessions) and are available on the door.
- 1 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 2 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 3 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 7 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 8 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 9 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 10 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home