Ilford Choral Society to host its last ever concert
After 71 years making music in the borough, a choir will host its last concert before the group goes its separate ways.
Ilford Choral Society, based at St. Francis of Assisi Church, Fencepiece Road, Hainault has decided to close due to declining membership and rising costs which means that members can no longer afford to put on concerts.
Many singers who went on to become big names in the musical world appeared as soloists with the society, including Kathleen Ferrier and Janet Baker.
Their final performance will be on Saturday (December 1) at St. Margaret’s Church, Balfour Road, Ilford, 7.30pm.
The programme will include excerpts from Bach’s Christmas Oratorio and Handel’s Messiah, as well as carols and other seasonal music.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are �10 (�8 concessions) and are available on the door.
- 1 Young Citizen: Ilford student who assisted at crash campaigns for more first aid
- 2 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 3 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 4 Protestors decry 'privatisation' of NHS outside Loxford Practice
- 5 'I convened a meeting for residents and businesses in the York Road area'
- 6 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 7 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 8 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 9 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 10 Council leader urges government to fund flood prevention measures