Ilford Choral Society to host its last ever concert
After 71 years making music in the borough, a choir will host its last concert before the group goes its separate ways.
Ilford Choral Society, based at St. Francis of Assisi Church, Fencepiece Road, Hainault has decided to close due to declining membership and rising costs which means that members can no longer afford to put on concerts.
Many singers who went on to become big names in the musical world appeared as soloists with the society, including Kathleen Ferrier and Janet Baker.
Their final performance will be on Saturday (December 1) at St. Margaret’s Church, Balfour Road, Ilford, 7.30pm.
The programme will include excerpts from Bach’s Christmas Oratorio and Handel’s Messiah, as well as carols and other seasonal music.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are �10 (�8 concessions) and are available on the door.
- 1 Surplus of primary school places now but shortage expected within 10 years
- 2 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 3 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 4 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 7 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
- 8 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 9 Life sentence for Chigwell man convicted of murder
- 10 Double murder arrest as dramatic footage shows police detaining woman