Ilford burglar back in jail after being caught with drugs after release
A convicted burglar who was caught with drugs on release from prison is back in jail.
Frankie Gavin, 24, was out on licence while serving time for residential burglary when he was found with the illegal substances, police said.
Gavin, of Mansfield Road, Ilford, also breached conditions including curfew, having a fixed residence and not associating with co-defendants in less than two months out of prison.
He had been released on licence on October 4 and was recalled to prison for 28 days on October 23.
After being released again in November, he was convicted of drug possession last week and has been sentenced to serve his full time in prison until July 2015.
You may also want to watch:
He had originally been jailed in January 2012 for 43 months for burglary.
The occupant of the address where Gavin was found, Derek Antwi, 29, of Blacksmiths Close, Chadwell Heath, was arrested and charged with obstructing police for denying Gavin was there.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 3 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 4 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 5 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 6 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 7 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 8 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 9 Public in 'parallel universe' to hospitals on Covid measures, meeting told
- 10 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
He was fined £215 and ordered to pay costs of £85 at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on January 15.
Only half of prison sentences is normally served in jail and the rest under supervision by probation officers “on licence”. Anyone breaking the conditions can be sent back to prison.