Ilford burglar back in jail after being caught with drugs after release
A convicted burglar who was caught with drugs on release from prison is back in jail.
Frankie Gavin, 24, was out on licence while serving time for residential burglary when he was found with the illegal substances, police said.
Gavin, of Mansfield Road, Ilford, also breached conditions including curfew, having a fixed residence and not associating with co-defendants in less than two months out of prison.
He had been released on licence on October 4 and was recalled to prison for 28 days on October 23.
After being released again in November, he was convicted of drug possession last week and has been sentenced to serve his full time in prison until July 2015.
He had originally been jailed in January 2012 for 43 months for burglary.
The occupant of the address where Gavin was found, Derek Antwi, 29, of Blacksmiths Close, Chadwell Heath, was arrested and charged with obstructing police for denying Gavin was there.
- 1 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 2 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 3 Police no longer looking for man wanted in connection with assault
- 4 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 5 'There was no life without resistance': World War Two veteran dies aged 94
- 6 Patients with Covid in east London hospitals fall after rising for weeks
- 7 Bus timetable change to 'better align' with hospital shifts
- 8 Dog units 'really good tool' to help police tackle violent crime, officers say
- 9 Ex football boss sets up fans club to increase diversity at England games
- 10 Driver charged in connection with fatal collision on M11 due in court
He was fined £215 and ordered to pay costs of £85 at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on January 15.
Only half of prison sentences is normally served in jail and the rest under supervision by probation officers “on licence”. Anyone breaking the conditions can be sent back to prison.