Ilford burglar back in jail after being caught with drugs after release
A convicted burglar who was caught with drugs on release from prison is back in jail.
Frankie Gavin, 24, was out on licence while serving time for residential burglary when he was found with the illegal substances, police said.
Gavin, of Mansfield Road, Ilford, also breached conditions including curfew, having a fixed residence and not associating with co-defendants in less than two months out of prison.
He had been released on licence on October 4 and was recalled to prison for 28 days on October 23.
After being released again in November, he was convicted of drug possession last week and has been sentenced to serve his full time in prison until July 2015.
You may also want to watch:
He had originally been jailed in January 2012 for 43 months for burglary.
The occupant of the address where Gavin was found, Derek Antwi, 29, of Blacksmiths Close, Chadwell Heath, was arrested and charged with obstructing police for denying Gavin was there.
- 1 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 2 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 3 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 4 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 5 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 6 'Help people find moments of beauty within the trauma': BHRUT chaplain supports staff during pandemic
- 7 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 8 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 9 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
He was fined £215 and ordered to pay costs of £85 at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on January 15.
Only half of prison sentences is normally served in jail and the rest under supervision by probation officers “on licence”. Anyone breaking the conditions can be sent back to prison.