Help police find these men, believed to be from Ilford area, after fight that left innocent pair needing facial surgery
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for help tracing seven men who may have information about a bar fight that broke an innocent woman’s jaw bone and left another needing nose surgery.
The fight, which broke out on Sunday, June 30, at Bar Blanco in Eastwood Road, Rayleigh, involved two groups of men – but bottles and chairs were thrown as it spilled into the street, and the women were struck in the face.
Now Essex Police have released CCTV images of the men they would like to speak to, who are believed to be from Ilford, Romford and Newham.
The Surrey woman who suffered a broken bone in her jaw was in her 40s and needed extensive treatment to her damaged teeth, while the Wickford woman who required an operation for a nose injury was in her 20s.
A man in his 20s from Romford was arrested on suspicion of affray and was bailed until August 27 pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who can identify any of the men is asked to contact investigating officer Det Const Richard Yapp at Southend CID by calling 101. Alternatively dial 0800 555 111 and give your information anonymously to the charity Crimestoppers.
Det Const Yapp said: “I would urge people to concentrate on the facial images rather than the clothing as the colour could be misleading due to the different lighting levels.”
- 1 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 2 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 3 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 5 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 6 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 7 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 8 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 9 'A race against time' - 18,000 people in Redbridge have received Covid jab
- 10 Little Gearies development plans pass following hours of discussion over Barkingside estate
Click on the gallery to the right for the full set of pictures.