Headteacher to leave Barkingside’s King Solomon High School after 18 years
A headteacher will be leaving “an exceptional school in a good community” after 18 years, to take up a position in Hertfordshire.
Spencer Lewis will be leaving King Solomon High School, Forest Road, Barkingside in July next year before he takes on the role as head at Yavneh College.
Mr Lewis has been at the school since June 1994 and has been in his current position since January 2007.
He said: “I am looking forward to taking on this new role after so many happy years at King Solomon High School which has been my home for over 18 years.
“King Solomon is an exceptional school in a wonderful community; it has a great future particularly with the development of the site and the inclusion of Ilford Jewish Primary School on it.”
You may also want to watch:
Chair of governors, Stephanie Sollosi, said: “Mr Lewis has done a fantastic job of leading the school which has flourished and progressed significantly under his leadership. We will certainly miss him but wish him every success in his new position.”
Mr Lewis added: “King Solomon produces exceptional students with the highest academic achievements in a unique and special school environment and I will be sad to leave but very much look forward to this new challenge.”
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 3 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 4 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 7 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 8 Man wanted for allegedly driving 'recklessly' in Ilford with baby in car
- 9 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 10 Panel finds ex-police officer would have been sacked for neighbour comments